cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Samsung Galaxy S3 often receives texts weeks late.

HollyJEM
2: Seeker
For a few months now my Samsung Galaxy S3 has not been reliably receiving texts. Some texts will come through just fine, some seem to get stuck somewhere and will arrive en mass at a later date, often one or two weeks later.

I went into a Vodafone shop and was given a new sim. This has fixed precisely nothing. I have also connected my phone to computer apps like Mightytext with no success at retrieving missing messages.

I have searched this problem online and it is apparently quite common with this phone. Is the only answer to have my phone sent off for repairs? I'm wary of this being a waste of time as the Vodafone employee who gave me the sim seemed perplexed as to why it could be happening beyond sim issues.

Please can someone advise as this is rendering my phone unreliable and therefore slightly useless.
4 REPLIES 4

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. A couple of questions that will give the Vodafone team on here a little more information to work from:

- Have you noticed any pattern with particular numbers failing or is it entirely random?

- Location wise is it happening in one area or different areas?

- Do you get any error message when you try and send a text to your own number?

If it's not a network or signal issue then it could be a problem between two particular numbers or networks (hence trying to narrow down if the problem is only happening with certain contacts)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

HollyJEM
Hi there, thanks for getting back to me.

- It happens most often to two particular numbers but I think that's just because they're the two numbers that text me nost often. It has happened to others.
- It happens in various locations.
- No error message when I text my own number.

Hi HollyJEM,

If it’s happening on all numbers in all locations, this wouldn’t be a specific network issue.

Firstly, just check your phone has the latest firmware and if not, update it.

I’d also try the SIM in another phone to see if you get the same error.

If there are no delays with the SIM in another phone, it’ll need a repair.

Thanks,

Simon

I have seen this and there can be a combination of issues

1. The network that is sending this to Vodafone

this can be there end i have issues with Three to Vodafone and as you can imagine they blane each other

2. The Person sending this to you

In one word I message there has been issues with Imessage sending messages out

its doutful that Vodafone is to blsme here as they invented the whole idea

the way sms works is the Push

Person sends message to there networks message centre, it recives the message finds out what network it belongs to eg via the number passes it on to the Network that then pushes it to your phone if its turned on to do this for a split secound gets a handshack

Now this is why you need a message centre number

One way to check this is get the person to turn there delivery report message on

some testing is needed