cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My phone says switched off even it is not and only allow incoming calls when I make a outgoing call.

kumar_prabhakar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am facing this problem since 10 days now. My phone is always in power ONmode but it says switched off when someone tries to call me. But the moment I make a outgoing call, I am able to receive the call until next time when problem starts. I raised a complain to vodafone and they now say they have done everything from their end and they suspect some problem with my hand phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) which I bought 3 months back.

Do anyone of you have faced a problem like this before and if ys, how did you get this rectified? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabhakar

19 REPLIES 19

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Krajeshkrishna,

I’m sorry to see the problems you’re having with your phone.

Please try the suggestion above.

If this doesn’t work, try using another SIM in your phone to see if this still happens.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi There

I am having trouble with my phone recieving calls as the caller saying they hear the message saying phone switched off and i never had this issue before and this only happend twice in the last few days when some one from vodafone recruitment team calls me on my mobile number and i am really disappointed with this as i always used to get calls without any issues . Please advice whether this could be an issue with the phone or network or Simcard.

my phone is samsung galaxy note 3 and i am on vodafone network.

i can confirm there are no network or signal issues as i can check my email and every thing looks fine apart from the user sends an email saying my phone is switched off.

Thanks

Hi There

i have to start a new post as the other post which some one asnwered is quite old,so  thought of starting new post, so hope to hear a quick solution

here is my issue..

I am having trouble with my phone recieving calls as the caller saying they hear the message saying phone switched off and i never had this issue before and this only happend twice in the last few days when some one from vodafone recruitment team calls me on my mobile number and i am really disappointed with this as i always used to get calls without any issues . Please advice whether this could be an issue with the phone or network or Simcard.

my phone is samsung galaxy note 3 and i am on vodafone network.

i can confirm there are no network or signal issues as i can check my email and every thing looks fine apart from the user sends an email saying my phone is switched off.

Thanks

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon

thanks for the reply. This issue is very wierd, as this only happened when vodafone employees called on my mobile and this happened on at my home Postcode SM1 and other day this happened at my office E18 and both times callers saying my phone switched off, but infact i am waiting for their calls. please suggest what could be the issue

thanks

63johnw
17: Community Champion
This just sounds like you may have been without a signal only for a short time when that person was trying to call you.

I would just keep an eye on it for the next few days and see how it goes. Come back if it keeps happening and see what the team can do. 😃

63johnw
You will need to follow the instructions above and go down the route Simon is suggesting before he can offer any more help.

Hi John/Simon

I understand you all trying to help me out, but the frustrating part for me is i can't test it my self as this happened twice in the last 3 days and even i am puzzled why this is happening. I have done my home work before approaching the vodafone e support, so please don't think i am just seeking help here. I google the same issue and found the same issue noticed by lot's of people, but there is no difinite answer. But what i tried is resetting the voicemail as per the suggesion in one of the threads here, but the thing is i won't be knowing this issue unless some one tells me, so imagine how frustrating if you miss some important calls.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

NO - so far this happend twice. Once at my home and other at my office. both has good singal

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

E18EU

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Difficult to confirm, as this never happened to me when i tested.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

caller says, they hear the message phone switched off and don't even get missed call or any thing

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

unable to test it as my self i never had this issue    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

3 days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Intermittent - noticed this happened once @3pm and other time @2pm.

I hope this info is sufficient.

Hi rayla2001,

If you type your full postcode into our network status checker, you’ll see the icon nearest the centre of the map, which shows a known fault with site 1218.

You’ll then be able to register for email and text updates.

Thanks,

Simon

63johnw
That's great. I realise its very frustrating but there are procedures the team must follow in order for them to be able to check on what's happening and the form must be completed before they can do the next bit.

Hopefully they can now look into this for you. 😊