cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My phone says switched off even it is not and only allow incoming calls when I make a outgoing call.

kumar_prabhakar
2: Seeker

I am facing this problem since 10 days now. My phone is always in power ONmode but it says switched off when someone tries to call me. But the moment I make a outgoing call, I am able to receive the call until next time when problem starts. I raised a complain to vodafone and they now say they have done everything from their end and they suspect some problem with my hand phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) which I bought 3 months back.

Do anyone of you have faced a problem like this before and if ys, how did you get this rectified? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabhakar

19 REPLIES 19

hrym
17: Community Champion
Sounds like an issue with the SIM to me. Ask for a replacement.

thesoupdragon

Hi Kumar

Welcome to the eForum

Have you looked at the Call rejection settings in the phone?

Open the dialler app > Menu > Call Settings

or it may be in the main phone settings?

Hmmm.gif

Hi mkumar,

To be honest this is a strange issue however, can I ask if you have tried the suggestion by thesoupdragon?

If this still doesn’t work then I would recommend looking at sending the phone away for repair to see if the issue is with the actual handset.

James

Thanks James for your reply.

My first posting was quick one & perhaps not even under right heading (my handset is Samsung DUOS GT-C3312).

Let me write some detail which will make the situation clearer. I have been using this handset for last 6 months, on Vodafone network, without any issues. Since last two weeks, I had my O2 number ported to Vodafone, and everything seemed fine initially. Some 10 days back I activated my voicemail on Vodafone & that is when the problem seems to have started. First I started getting SMS with 2-3 hours delay. Also when someone calls me, they get message "This person's phone is switched off, please try later or send a text."

The mobile is showing full signal on its display. Calling out / sending text is no problem, and infact the mobile 'back to life' - it starts getting pending texts & incoming calls again. I have turned my voicemail off, checked call divert / call reject option, reset internet config, changed SIM card TWICE, changed network selection from automatic to manual. Nothing seems to help! Same handset worked for six months, & now it doesn't!? Has porting of number / voicemail activation caused this issue? I will appreciate if you could suggest something to troubleshoot this, as I have run out of ideas. Visiting Vodafone store is not very convenient, and not sure what they can really do to help. Giving handset for repair is also not an option as it was purchased abroad. Thanks in advance!

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey mkumar,

Thanks for the clarification here.

To be honest with you the voicemail activation shouldn’t have caused this as even if a divert was in place it would have diverted to the voicemail rather than giving this message.

Are you able to try a different SIM in your phone when the issue happens to see if this still occurs?

By doing this it will help us identify a handset or network issue.

James

mkumar

Hi, I have exactly the same problem for almost 10 days, and Vodafone are not able to help except that I have changed SIM twice. Seems it was triggerd by activating voicemail, because I have used Vodafone subscription and same handset for about 5 months now. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance!

goodtmegopal

switch off your phone , remove the sim & reinsert start the phone.....it works:smileyhappy:

goodtmegopal

Switch off your phone remove sim & reinsert the sim turn on your phone ....it works

Krajeshkrishna
1: Seeker
Mr.mkumara,

I'm facing the exact problem in my iPhone 5s
Especially the phone is idle state for more than 2 hrs this problem occurs when somebody try to reach me getting switched off message.
I did try replacing the SIM card but still I m facing the same problem . I'm sure there's nothing wrong in my handset as I was using the same with my previous service provide and it's only with Vodafone

Can anyone suggest the best way to solve this issue

Thank you