07-05-2012 07:01 PM
I am having a problem trying to unlock my phone. I recently got the unlcok code from vodafone with the following guide:
1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on
2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638* 6394681#
3. The handset should now be unlocked
4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a
password enter the 6394681
1. At step number 2. When I enter the code I assume I have to use the dial pad right? If that's correct how am I supposed to enter the space character that is obviously there after the second * character?
2. When I tried to enter the 7-digit (weird since this should be 8-digit right?) code when I entered a non VF SIM card I got an error. I did not try this more than 2 times just in case there's a problem.
I hope you can help
08-05-2012 04:59 PM
The space is most likely a formatting issue with the way the code was generated and sent. The whole code should be one continuous string to be entered through the keypad with no spaces.
If you haven't tried this yet, then this is why the final step would be failing, so can you try this again just once with the first code entered correctly. As you say, you need to ensure that you don't make too many attempts so don't retry if it doesn't work first time.
Please also keep in mind that if this is a contract phone then it should be unlocked already, as we only network lock PAYG phones, BlackBerrys, iPhones and handsets exclusive to Vodafone.
Let us know if this helps.
08-05-2012 07:41 PM
I see, so after I enter the code using the dialpad, should I get a confirmation message or something? Because I think I've tried this and nothing happened.
Also, the phone is PAYG so I have to unlock it.
09-05-2012 03:16 PM
09-05-2012 08:41 PM
I have tried entering the password with no spaces but nothing happened (no confirmation message). Then I tried using a non VF sim card and enter the second password provided for this task and got an error message.
10-05-2012 03:30 PM
Thank you for your post and the additional information.
This sounds strange but can I just check that you are in the UK as unlocking a device requires it to be on the Vodafone UK network.
Please can you also advise me of the error message you have received.
So I can double check the code is correct with your IMEI number please follow the Private Message i have sent to you and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
You can find your PM inbox here.
11-05-2012 08:51 PM
This would be a problem. The phone was purchased here in the UK but it was for my girlfriend who lives in Greece and that's from where she is trying to unlock it. It seems strange though since I have already unlocked a phone without being in the Vodafone UK network (I was back in greece and the phone was an HTC Wildfire).
She has not received an error message while entering the first code described in the guide. She received an error message after entering the second code when she used a greek Vodafon SIM card.
11-05-2012 08:54 PM
13-05-2012 11:03 AM
Thanks for your posts here.
I’m sorry that you didn’t get DaveCD’s PM however, I have sent this over to you again now, please follow the instructions on the PM and we can look into this further for you.
You can find your PM inbox here.