Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New software for S5

djs1970
4: Newbie

I have just connected my S5 to the computer and an update has come up. PDA:0L3  CSC:0L3  PHONE:0L3 (VOD), its 1550MB in size. Anyone have any idea what it is?

20 REPLIES 20

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I have seen that 5.1.1 has been rolling out on dome S5's, something that big would indicate quite a large firmware update.

thesoupdragon

At that size 1.5GB it will be a Full System update.

If your model number is SM-G900F then it is Android 5.0

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom (Vodafone)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 5508620
Build date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:15:11 +0000
Product code VOD
PDA G900FXXU1BOL3
CSC G900FVFG1BOL3

TSD.

djs1970
I'm running 5.0 now

thesoupdragon

Do you mean before or after the update?

What is the model number of the phone?

djs1970
SM-G900F is the model of the phone. It is running 5.0 now, which is before the update. The update is now available OTA.

63johnw
It's probably 5.1 or 5.1.1.

Hi again. You have 3 choices, if you are happy with how your phone is now then ignore it, wait for someone else to install it and report back or bite the bullet and install.

Samsung's have been know to cause problems if a factory reset isn't carried out before and after a firmware upgrade, something to think about.

djs1970
Well apart from the back cover warning popping up my phone randomly it appears to be working fine. However, I was going to do another reset, so maybe update at the same time? I've been bitten once by upgrading early before and had a unstable phone so for now I think I'll wait.

thesoupdragon

I've just double checked on the sammobile.com website.

The most recent Firmware available for G900F is 5.0

I wonder if they have labelled it incorrectly?

samsung_firmware.png

Source: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900F/VOD/ (you need to sign in - free)

The only way to know for sure will be to install the update. :smileywink:

Having owned several Samsung Phones previously, I would agree with 63johnw to factory reset before and after the update.

TSD.

Yes I always do a reset before and after updating. It would appear to be a confusing update version.