Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No MMS since last vodafone software update

Nix68
4: Newbie

Ever since my Galaxy S4 recieved the last automatic firmware update i can no longer send or recieve MMS i thought it was my phone, but my wifes phone has done the exact same thing since installing the update.

Had the usual auto SMS from vodafone saying i it was sending me correct settings as something had changed.

But still no MMS

Anyone else experiencing the same thing ?

13 REPLIES 13

Use the current version of odin, download whichever firmware you need, in my case i used I9505XXUFNC8_I9505VFGFNC1_VOD for the wifes phone, which is the Vodafones April release of 4.4.2 and i used the base version (unbranded) I9505XXUGNG8_I9505BTUGNG2_BTU on mine.

Very simple to do, the only reason i didnt bother until now is the fact that you have to back everything up then re install, a complete pain, which is why up until now i had just been installing the regular updates, until the last one knackered our phones, i was hoping for another update to be released, but got tired of waiting, so flashed them myself

As far as i am aware when Android release a new firmware, it gets sent to the various network operators and then they add their own stuff to it, which is why you get so much extra useless stuff on the network versions, be that EE, Vodafone or O2, the BTU is the unbranded base version and come with none of the extra fluss vodafone add in

And if YOU dont even know how to flash a firmware, which is a very simple thing to do, YOU should not be on here offering advice, because YOU obviously haven't got a bloody clue what your talking about

T