Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Sim card/wrong sim card with new phone

windyoneuk
4: Newbie

Got  my Galaxy Note 4, manage to find time to think about changing it over, found out it needs a micro-sim and my Note 1 has a mini-sim.
What's the point of saving all the stuff to the sim if you can't just swap it over?

Vodafone Live Chat was helpful, said a new sim should have been sent with the phone. It wasn't. They said they'd send me a Micro-sim, which arrived just before xmas and I didn't have time to change it, Just got it out and they've sent a Nano-sim instead...so rather than bother going thru live chat again, with their interminable account questions, and their inability to see that I need a Micro-sim with the new phone I have, I've bought a sim-cutter and adapter pack from ebay....so I still can't use my new phone, despite paying for it since November.

I bet I don't qualify for a discount!
Every time I have dealings with Vodafone I have problems, and if only I could change to another provider I would, but sadly I'm over a barrel with coverage out here in the countryside, and even the rates that vodafone charge are several pounds a month dearer tha any other provider.
I eagerly anticipate the day that I can give up my vodafone contract, really I do

14 REPLIES 14

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you can get to a Vodafone shop, they can give you a new SIM (you can check there and then it's the right one) and also activate it for you on the spot.

Already been suggested going to a vodafone shop, but the nearest is a round trip of 60miles plus parking, and almost half a day it would waste.

Already tried live help in the very first instance, however they sent me the wrong sim card, so I've already been given the run-around.
Still, there's always hope, isn't there?

hrym

Given the mail-order route another try anyway.   If it still comes up wrong, then it sounds more like an account issue and it'll probably take the Tech Team here to fix it.

There's no account issue..they just didn't send me a new sim with the new phone, and when I asked for a Micro-sim to be sent, they sent me a nano-sim (their mistake as it's clearly shown the convo with Live Help that I asked for a Micro-sim.

It's finally arrived this morning, and I'm just trying to find time to change it over..only 6 weeks after I received the phone I might be able to use it!!

hrym

Sorry, I was confusing this with another thread. :smileysad: