Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Sim card/wrong sim card with new phone

windyoneuk
4: Newbie

Got  my Galaxy Note 4, manage to find time to think about changing it over, found out it needs a micro-sim and my Note 1 has a mini-sim.
What's the point of saving all the stuff to the sim if you can't just swap it over?

Vodafone Live Chat was helpful, said a new sim should have been sent with the phone. It wasn't. They said they'd send me a Micro-sim, which arrived just before xmas and I didn't have time to change it, Just got it out and they've sent a Nano-sim instead...so rather than bother going thru live chat again, with their interminable account questions, and their inability to see that I need a Micro-sim with the new phone I have, I've bought a sim-cutter and adapter pack from ebay....so I still can't use my new phone, despite paying for it since November.

I bet I don't qualify for a discount!
Every time I have dealings with Vodafone I have problems, and if only I could change to another provider I would, but sadly I'm over a barrel with coverage out here in the countryside, and even the rates that vodafone charge are several pounds a month dearer tha any other provider.
I eagerly anticipate the day that I can give up my vodafone contract, really I do

14 REPLIES 14

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@windyoneuk 

We're unable to support cutting your own SIM and would advise you to clarify with Live help what you need, or visit your local store.

Any discounts should have been discussed at the point of sale, however you can see if you qualify for up to 20% discount with our Vodafone Employee Advantage scheme, this can be done within the first 30 days.

DaveCD 

I clarified with Live Help what I needed last time I spoke to them (I keep the transcripts of the chat), and told them I needed a Micro sim.
They sent a Nano sim.

I've been hellish busy with a son ill in the US and trying to sort out xmas etc, and I think it's now longer than 30 days, but I wouldn't have been wanting a discount if I'd been send the correct sim with the phone initially, or when I asked Live help to send one...I didn't get one with the phone, I got the wrong one sent when I asked for one to be sent, and I still can't use the phone,
The nearest Vodafone shop is a 60 mile round trip from me, and would involve wasting almost half a day and fuel, plus paying to park.
Not going to happen.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @windyone 

I'm sorry to read about the issues you've faced.

Please contact us here so that we can arrange for the correct SIM card to be sent out.

Thanks,

Sukhi

I've sent an email with all the details.

I submitted the email with the details and a link to this conversation in the forum 5 days ago. 
I've heard nothing!

See why I get cross?

Hi @windyoneuk,

I can't see any email from your registered eForum email address.

Please let us know the reference number you've received in the auto reply email. It'll look like [#9xxxxxx].

Thanks, 

Matt B

It's #9016349

Thanks

I've had a reply with terms which weren't acceptable to me. I've responded, but I expect I'll have to wait another 48 hours for a further reply?

Hi @windyoneuk,

We'll reply to your email as soon as possible.

Live help are available if you need an instant reply. 

Thanks, 

Kay