Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Registered on Network

PeteSullivan
4: Newbie

Hi

I got my S4 on 3rd May and after a few days started giving the message of Not registered on network this would happen in many locations even standing still, (I havew had my contract for 4 years) so it was not a new connection problem.  Tried my sim card in my daughters HTC One and that was fine so that was eliminated, reported the problem and the phone went away for repair, it was returned a week later with a letter saying they could not find the fault and had updated the software.  Put in a new sim card and all was well for 5 days when the problem started again.  The only waay to get the phone back on the network seems to be power it down, wait a minute and then start it up again.  It is now away for repair again if it comes back with the same problem again, what action can I take?  I think the S4 is a fantastic phone and do not want a different make or model, I want a S4 that works.

Network coverage is good since I am in London, so this makes no sense and if they cannot find the fault or repair it, I want the phone replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As the person who started this thread, I can assure you it is not a common problem, my phone was replaced (after 3 repair attempts) and not had any issues since so I am very satisfied.   As for being a well documented problem, I do not think so, whilst Google is good it also throws up many non related results.

Darren, I do not know how Samsung works (I am sure someone will) but with Voda they will try 3 repairs then replace it and it is always away no more than 7 days.

View solution in original position

169 REPLIES 169

Hi PeteSullivan,

I'll answer each postcode in turn :Smiling:

SE23 2DT and SE23 3HN - Site 5649 serves the areas. I can see a few issues so we'll need to take a closer look. More details at the end of my post.

CR7 8RW - 4735 is the site that serves this area. There are no known issues but the stats seem to point to an issue. Once again, see the end of my post for how to get in touch.

CR0 1UA - Site 392 gives coverage here. This site looks fine in the last hour.

SE26 6PL, SE26 4BB, SE26 4QZ and SE26 4RQ - 78810 gives 3G and site 5648 provides 2G. We'll have to look at both of these sites. Again, please see the end of this message.

Please click here to get in touch with my team so we can raise a case for each site.

Thanks,

LeeH

Speaking to the repair centre today and a bit further information I told him and will share here.  Mainlly the same place areas have been fine with HTC One X, Sensation, and 2 Wildfire also a Blackberry Bold.

Got my phone back on Monday after another week, went to visit my mother today, needed to make a call and this is what I got.  Different postcode of SE26 6XT.  I called Vodafone who said can you take to one of our stores?  I was unable to do that so here is a picture of it doing the exact same fault that they cannot find.

s4screen.jpg

Hi PeteSullivan,

Thanks for your post.

I can see you’re connected to site 5648 for 2G services in the area and everything looks fine.

As it works fine with your SIM in a different phone I’d like to take a closer look at this as you’ve already sent it for a repair.

So we can see if there are any alternatives to another repair, you can contact the team here.

Also, was the repair done through Vodafone or Samsung directly?

James

A further update to this

My handset is away for again (3rd time) for repair, I have a courtesy phone to use while it is away.  I have just been is several of the areas where I was having a problem and this phone which is also a Samsung worked perfectly, which makes me think even more that my S4 has a fault.

On a side note, I recieved an email about when a replacement handset would be made available, in  a conversation with CS last week the person confirmed what have been said on Sunday 23rd was noted on the account, the email claims that this note is not there. 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the SIM?   Just rub them with a soft cloth.   That was what got my S2 kickstarted in the end.  Samsungs seem particularly sensitive to this, which may be why the card works in the HTC.

PeteSullivan

The latest news is it went away for a third repair and they replaced it, this one works perfectly.  I have checked all the previous postcodes and it stays registered and will make and receive calls.  Lost a month of the data test drive despite being told that they will change the date so I get the month I have been without the phone, now being told by someone in Egypt it cannot be done.

NickM21

I thought it was just me!!!

Have exactly the same problem..

g/f will get home and ask why I have not replied to her texts.

So I check phone and see full signal, try and send a text or make a call and get 'Not Registered On Network'.

This happens in my house where I have full signal so no issue there. The only way to fix it is to restart the phone.

How can I fix this??
I cant help but think im missing calls on a regular basis.. And that could cost me money!!

PeteSullivan
I had to send mine away 3 times before they replaced it, they could not find the fault what caused it. Seems to be a problem that only a few people have had so far.

markcgreen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i have exactly the same issue. and its driving me nuts, I have 3 different phone available to try using the same SIM, and none of them exhbiti this issuei have 3/4 bars, and only a reboot fixes the problem.

Googling the issue, seems to show this an issue with the handset as people are reporting it on many differenent networks,.

Sounds like a software or Hardware issue to me, i am looking to replace this for a different make.