Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Registered on Network

PeteSullivan
4: Newbie

Hi

I got my S4 on 3rd May and after a few days started giving the message of Not registered on network this would happen in many locations even standing still, (I havew had my contract for 4 years) so it was not a new connection problem.  Tried my sim card in my daughters HTC One and that was fine so that was eliminated, reported the problem and the phone went away for repair, it was returned a week later with a letter saying they could not find the fault and had updated the software.  Put in a new sim card and all was well for 5 days when the problem started again.  The only waay to get the phone back on the network seems to be power it down, wait a minute and then start it up again.  It is now away for repair again if it comes back with the same problem again, what action can I take?  I think the S4 is a fantastic phone and do not want a different make or model, I want a S4 that works.

Network coverage is good since I am in London, so this makes no sense and if they cannot find the fault or repair it, I want the phone replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As the person who started this thread, I can assure you it is not a common problem, my phone was replaced (after 3 repair attempts) and not had any issues since so I am very satisfied.   As for being a well documented problem, I do not think so, whilst Google is good it also throws up many non related results.

Darren, I do not know how Samsung works (I am sure someone will) but with Voda they will try 3 repairs then replace it and it is always away no more than 7 days.

View solution in original position

169 REPLIES 169

Hi All, received phone back from samsung repair today. the fault and repair description is "NFF,FLASHED+IMEI+SMART+RESET VOD HP,HP,F,T,S". All been ok today, will let you know in a few days how things are.

Oh well, that  didnt last long, I have been using an old s2 with the same sim (in an adapter ) for last 3 weeks whilst s4 being repaired and had no problems at all. Had s4 back from samsung for half a day ,not registered on network twice .  I need this sorting now. Can one of the tech team contact me please.

Regards Darren

Hi Darren,

We can certainly look into this for you.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3. Please advise how I contact somebody about this....

well my phone has been returned from repair at samsung and still having same issues ,so I wouldnt recommend sending to samsung. Had reply from vodafone and they say i need to send to them for repair now. Not very good service but will give a go.

Darren

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Gemdave12 - You can find out how to raise a repair in house here. Alternatively you can contact Samsung directly here.

Darren - feel free to keep us updated. It's strange that not even the manufacturer has found the root cause of the problem though. 

I must reiterate for the benefit of anyone reading this thread that we do not automatically replace handsets should they be sent in for 3 repairs. We will continue to work within the guidelines set by the manufacturer and service a phone as many times as required throughout the warranty period. 

Many thanks, Ben

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply but I dont think it is really acceptable to have to send the phone away for repair as many times as needed. This time my phone my phone was away for 18 days and now i have to send away again ,I presume for a similar amount of time. Add to that the time spent messing around changing sim and trying different phones. Do you think it is acceptable.

I had problems with my previous phone overheating and went through similar problems and was definately not going to renew, but got promises of better service. Obviously not the case.

Also can you tell me what I should use for a phone while this one is away for repair as my old s2 has finally bit the dust.

Kind regards,Darren

Hi darren1967,

Whenever a phone is sent off for repair for a repeat issue, the details of what was checked before will have been noted against the phone's unique IMEI. This allows the guys looking at it to see what's been tried before and helps speed the process up.

If you have Vodafone Insurance, then send the phone via a store and you'll be able to get a courtesy phone whilst yours is away(subject to stock availability).

Dave

Hi Dave , thanks for reply. It was a previous  reply about the phone being returned as many times as needed until the problem is sorted is what annoyed me. I have 4 numbers on this account and the other 3 are fine. When I have used my old s2 and I have now found an old samsung tocco ,everything is fine. Therefore if samsung cant fix and vodafone were unable to do so(hopefully they will) ,then I think the phone should be replaced and not be sent for repair again especially as these phones are quite expensive.

Kind regards ,Darren

PeteSullivan
4: Newbie
Darren, send it to Vodafone repair centre, after 3 attempts they will replace it and your problems are solved. That is the exact thing I had to do. Personally, I think within 3 months if a known defect occurs then replacement should be after 1 repair.