Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving all SMS some missing

Starjax
4: Newbie

Hi, Can anyone help - I keep getting missing texts messages from one person. Sometimes i get them, sometimes i dont. Other people are fine just the odd ones go missing. I have tried re-registering on network again to see if would unblock them but it didnt help and sent a text to myself to test and was fine. He has done a receipt when sent me messages and more often than not doesnt get an acknowledgment. Does this mean its a problem his end or my end?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 and is only 2 months old so i thought the SIm card was ok as is new. He is on Sainsburys which i think uses Vodafone?

Any suggestions would be grateful for as is really frustrating lol!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Some phones have text and blocking features although if accidentally added it should block them all but it won't help to check any such feature if available on your phone

Also make sure you've not added the same contact number twice in your phone as this can cause issues.

I've known a sim swap help in these circumstances too. This procedure moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card. Any Vodafone shop can do this but take ID to prove your the account holder.

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Band of Brothers,
I did check the blocking option and it was clear. I have did have his number in my ICE contact as i thought of that too so deleted it but it didnt solve it. I have got another phone i can try so i will do that and see if any diff.
I cannot get to the Vodafone shop as ive just had an operation is there another alternative re new sim card?

BandOfBrothers
You're Welcome.

You can ask Customer services to post you a blank sim and perform the sim swap online at home. When you receive it through the post then use http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/simswap/index.htm

The Sim Swap Online form does not unfortunately work for transferring a Pay As You Go number and Tariff from one Sim Card to another Sim Card.

You would either have to take your Sim Card into a Vodafone HighStreet Store to get the number swapped to a different Sim Card.

Customer Services on 191 or Online Live Chat Help can send you a blank Sim Card of the correct size required, and then when received telephone Customer Services on 191 to request that your mobile number and tariff is transferred to the blank SIM.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

With an issue like this it can be very hard to narrow down precisely where the issue lies.  As he isn't getting a sent receipt, it would indicate that the issue is with his phone or the network in the area he is in. If the coverage is patchy it can cause issues with sending texts.

I don't think it is your phone as you are getting texts from other people.  It may be an idea to get him to check with this provider - if he provides them with the date / times he sent the messages, they should be able to trace them. 

PWIAC

Thanks for your answers i will do what you suggested and get him to check his provider and see what happens! 😀

YorkshireRiffer
4: Newbie

Quick question - did you use to have an iPhone, and is the person sending you texts using an iPhone?

If so, it may be related to iMessage:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

i dont have an iphone but thanks for the suggestion!

Hi, i am reposting as i thought i had my missing text prob fixed but it turns out its not.

I did do a SIM swap and thought that had solved it but if anything it seems to have gotten worse now! Ive noticed its the longer SMS that i dont receive or they are hours delayed and im also getting alot of duplicates from other people. 

The person who txts go missing rang his provider and they just said that it was my problem as it was me that wasnt receiving them so that wasnt any help. 

Its getting incredibly frustrating now as ive tried all of the solutions suggested. Im thinking maybe its my phone which will be annoying as its only 2/3 months old. 

If anyone has anything else i can try all ideas are welcome.

thank you! 

@Starjax

Longer texts are often converted into a multimedia message - which uses data. Do you have any trouble connecting to data at all?

If you do have trouble connecting to data, our Live help team will be able to check everything is set up correctly on your account - http://vdfn.co/contct

You can find out further information regarding the warranty of your device here - http://vdfn.co/wrnty Our Live help team can also discuss your warranty options.