Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving texts intermittently on Samsung S3

Hez1987
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung S3 and in the past 5/6 weeks I have had problems receiving text messages intermittently.  However, the messages always turn up approximately every two weeks in one batch. 

It appears that almost all of my messages are sending and being delivered, and I can usually make and receive calls.

The problem is most common from an iphone user.  However, I have never been registered with Apple and we have ensured all the obvious problems with imessage have been address.  My boyfriend has no issues with anyone receving his messages.

I have contacted Vodafone on numerous occasions.  Last week, I activiated a new sim, the problem continued so I completed a factory reset of my phone.  This solved the problem for 48 hours and then it occured again.  Tonight I am activating my second new sim with Vodafone.

What can be done to resolve this problem?  I believe it must be a network problem as the messages eventually arrive... something is delaying them?  A particular example today was when I received a text as a I was using my phone from a friend saying they had just called me and I was unavaliable.  This was impossible and is becoming increasingly frustrating as I am with Vodafone for a further 8 months.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Hez1987 ,

Please can you give us some other postcode details so we can check what's happening?

Thanks,

Ian