Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
TimElsworth

Not registered on Network notification

Hi I get an internmittent problem with my S3, I use a Sure signal as the coverage in my area is very low. My BB work fine.

I have full bars and some times when I try to make a call or Text  i get the "not registered on network" alert. To get round this I turn off and on, surly this is not the solution what can I do?

Many thanks

Tim

Message 1 of 34 (28,375 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Not registered on Network notification

Hi Tim,

It sounds like it's not connecting to your SureSignal.

When you upgraded your phone did you swap your old SIM card for a new MicroSIM? If so I suspect this is where your problem comes from. The SureSignal users the unique serial number of your SIM to determine wether your phones allowed to connect or not. As this has changed it now thinks you phone is no londer allowed access. There are a few ways to fix this, they dont all work for everybody.

1. Wait - as frustrating as it can be waiting a day or so will usually solve this. It takes a short time for the change of SIM card to filter through the Vodafone systems and make it's way to your SureSignal.
  2. Re-Add your phone number - Some users have reported removing and adding the number to the Sure Signal fixes this. The problem you woulf have here is if the number is the main account, this canot be removed without de-registering the Sure Signal
  3. Call the Sure Signal Support Team - As mentioned in the help center article What should I do if I replace my SIM card but keep the same phone number? call the Sure Signal support team and let them know. They can then manually update the records on the Sure Signal system.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 34 (28,359 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
awp278

Wow, it sounds as if you are going through exactly what I did!

Only I ended up getting a new sim when I might not have had to :smileysad:.

Firstly go to a place where the signal is good and test the phone. If it works (making a call and downloading data) then there is nothing wrong with the sim card, be happy. Go home and wait a lot longer than the advertised 2 hours stated in the Sure Signal manual.

I was at such a loss I went to bed....15 hours later my phone finally registered with Sure Signal.:smileyvery-happy:

I just hope its the same for you; just a matter of patience.

Message 3 of 34 (28,318 Views)
samborthwick

Hi, I have been unable to use my phone now for 3 days because it displays not registered on network. Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 white. I have spoken to your operatives and a member from the tech team who say that's its a known fault your working on. Any updates??!! My sim works in other mobiles just not in the Samsung. Do I need to go into a store? Am I also the only one experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Sam

Message 4 of 34 (27,931 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
ado28

samborthwick wrote:

Hi, I have been unable to use my phone now for 3 days because it displays not registered on network. Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 white. I have spoken to your operatives and a member from the tech team who say that's its a known fault your working on. Any updates??!! My sim works in other mobiles just not in the Samsung. Do I need to go into a store? Am I also the only one experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Sam

Have you tried another sim in your S2? if so and it still doesn't work then perform a factory data reset to see if this clears the problem

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 5 of 34 (27,900 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi samborthwick,

To be honest I’m not aware of any know issues with the Samsung Galaxy s2 and connecting to the Sure Signal.

Can I ask if this works away form the Sure Signal?

The reason that I ask is that I can see that you have posted about a network issue in another thread and it could be an issue with the phone if it won’t work anywhere.

If this is the case then a repair will be the next step for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 34 (27,822 Views)
hal_97

I seem to have the same problem as many others; my internet works fine, however when i try to call or send a message, it gives me the notification, "not registerd on network; i also do not have a clue how to activate my sure signal; PLS HELP
Message 7 of 34 (22,197 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

@hal_97

Have you registered the SIM card?

Help with your SIM card

Autism_sig.png

Message 8 of 34 (22,171 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
hrym

I had a similar issue, which was solved by cleaning the contacts on the SIM (just wipe them with a soft cloth).  Galaxies seem particularly sensitive to even minute amounts of grease.

Message 9 of 34 (22,152 Views)
hal_97

I am able to access my vodafone and has the little sim card app; but when i try registering it by the settings, it just says unable to register
Message 10 of 34 (22,118 Views)
hrym

As far as I know you can't register a SIM card through the My Vodafone app (though I may be wrong on that).  You can, though, do it on the Vodafone website or by calling 191.

Message 11 of 34 (22,100 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello hal_97,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately it's not possible for you to register a SIM using the My Vodafone application.

You can do it online here, which is where you'll also be able to register your Sure Signal :smileywink:

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 12 of 34 (22,078 Views)
Hanna1989

I've just been in to get a new sim from phones4u from having my phone stolen. I think they registered it for me with vodafone instore. Its letting me go on the internet and do everything but call on it, saying there isn't a registered network. Is it just a case of waiting for it to register or do I need to do something? I tried registering it online but it said there was an error which i'm presuming is because phones4u already activated it. 

Message 13 of 34 (21,927 Views)
hrym

Although SIM activation is normally quite quick, it can take up to 24 hours. You could also try cleaning the contacts - just rub them with a soft cloth.
Message 14 of 34 (21,910 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi Hanna1989,

Has this now fully activated for you? As mentioned it can take up to 24 hours, although it's usually much quicker.

If you're still waiting, then we'll be happy to take a look and see what's happening. I'll pop you a PM to get your details.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 15 of 34 (21,805 Views)
Hanna1989

i'm still having problems with it. I talked to the vodafone team and they reset it for me again but its been well over 15 minutes now and its still not working. Will it notify me with a text when it activates?

Message 16 of 34 (21,782 Views)
Hanna1989

I spoke to soon, its finally working thank you!

Message 17 of 34 (21,777 Views)
hrym

You're the second person to post in similar vein.   Fort the benefit of anyone else reading this, it looks as though the activation process is being a little slow at the moment.

Message 18 of 34 (21,770 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Thanks for letting us know Hanna1989!

Message 19 of 34 (21,655 Views)
vinnyvangough

I have had my phone for a few weeks now and all was working fine. Now i have the Not registered on Network message.

Have removed sim and rebooted etc but still nothing

Message 20 of 34 (14,999 Views)