Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 3 Lollipop 5.0 Firmware Update

Dark360
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am noticing over the internet that Samsung has released the Lollipop 5.0 update for the Note 3, but i have not received mine OTA or via Kies3.

I could download the firmware from SamMobile:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N9005/

but obviously this may void my warranty.

In looking into this i have noticed that my Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005), which I bought directly from Vodafone has whats classed as a Multi-CSC (BTU, XEO, etc) and not VOD (United Kingdom) or VD2 (Germany) as expected.

For the uninitiated this means that my Note 3 is Unbranded/Unlocked and not branded by Vodafone UK.

SamMobile does not have the Lollipop firmware for the BTU, only the VOD/VD2.

I would like to ask:

1. Why does my Note 3 have the BTU CSC and not the VOD/VD2 CSC?

2. When will the BTU CSC Note 3 receive the Lollipop update?

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Dark360,

Some models are sold by us as unlocked, as you've got the BTU firmware, yours is an unlocked phone.

As you've got an unbranded firmware, you should receive the update when Samsung release it over the OTA updates they're sceduling.

Alternatively, you can download Samsung Kies and check for an update on there.

Thanks,

Matt

Coincidentally, I just checked for a software update on my Voda supplied Note 3 and I am currently downloading the 858mb update to lollipop OTA. Anybody else done it yet ? Am concerned that it won't be stable as Samsung does not have a good track record in this regard. Unsure if my device is unlocked, I guess it must be otherwise I wouldn't be downloading it at all. Thanks