Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 3 New Firmware

faroukh
3: Seeker

Hi,

I am stuck on 4.4.2 on my note3, its very surprising that a high end phone on the vodafone network is not being updated to Kitkat....4.4.4 has been out since quite some time now but still I havent recieved any update notification on my phone, will we be seeing 4.4.4 or has it been released and there something wrong with my phone ? 

Regards,

Faroukh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@faroukh wrote:
Can someone from the Vodafone technical team let me know what android version is currently available for the note 3 on the UK network. 

The current version of Android for a Vodafone branded Galaxy Note 3 is 4.4.2.

PDA: N9005XXUGNG1

CSC: N9005VFGGNH1

MODEM: N9005XXUGNG1

So you are running the latest version.  

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @faroukh

Welcome to the eForum.

We’re unable to give times or dates as to when new firmware will be available, please see here for more information.

Cheers,

Laura

i've been on kitkat a while on my note3. You should try connecting your phone to your pc then check for updates using kies. Thats how I got my update.

faroukh
Thanks but I have checked that already but it didn't show me any new software... It just says that my phone is on the latest software.

faroukh
Can someone from the Vodafone technical team let me know what android version is currently available for the note 3 on the UK network. I know it's too much to ask but can someone please check internally and let me know. The guys in the shop don't know, on the phone don't know.. Then who knows? Seriously I am getting frustrated with the level of support you provide.

drey_p

@faroukh wrote:
Can someone from the Vodafone technical team let me know what android version is currently available for the note 3 on the UK network. 

The current version of Android for a Vodafone branded Galaxy Note 3 is 4.4.2.

PDA: N9005XXUGNG1

CSC: N9005VFGGNH1

MODEM: N9005XXUGNG1

So you are running the latest version.  

PWIAC

steve4995
4: Newbie
Hi I've had a galaxy s4 on 4.2.2 a lg g3 on 4.4.3 and have now a note edge on 4.4.4 kitkat and there is really no difference really just a few bug fixes not much in visual changes so wait for lollipop just one other thing my friends note 3 is on kit kat 4.4.2 like yours

retty50
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi all i wouldnt be in too much of rush to install 5.0 lollpop i updated my note 3 in feb via software update message i got on phone since then phone is useless keeps dropping calls bluetooth totally useless in the car been in touch with vodafone tech support and samsung support samsung said take to nearest dealers for them to reinstall android 4.3 kitkat they could not do it it wont allow you to reinstall older version of android so now stuck with totally crap phone till bug fix comes out which is taking for ever ive been a long loyal customer with vodafone and samsung but when up contract comes to end will be looking else wear samsung said they could not change phone because it had a repair to  it  it was them idiots who told me to go and get it repaired as phone is still under warranty