Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 3 Vs Note 4

DeanH
4: Newbie

Hi, I am looking at changing my phone from the S4 to either the Note 3 or Note 4, however one of the big issues I have with the S4 is the amount of memeory lost on the HS to the OS, can anyone tell me how much memory the Note 3 & 4 use for the OS.

Also if anyone has experience of both the Note 3 & 4 is there major difference to the user and which would you recommend

8 REPLIES 8

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DeanH 

We have test devices here in the office, but they're locked away at the weekend.

I'll get a hold of both the Note 3 and Note 4 tomorrow (Monday), and let you know how much memory the operating system takes up. :Smiling:

While I've not used either of these as my main device, I'm sure another member of the community can chip in with their experiences. 

Cheers,

Ben

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dean,

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses 5.73GB for the operating system. Unfortunately, our Galaxy Note 4 is out for testing at the moment, so I'm unable to get an exact figure for that device right now.

I hope this helps. :Smiling: 

Thanks,
Ben

OK thats great, thanks Ben.

Has anyone else got any personal comparisons between the two?

babychan
The note 4 comes with 32gb memory so you don't really need to worry about the os size

babychan
And it's about 8gb

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Note 4 memory Usage

7.52 GB used for System

6.88 GB is currently used for Apps

1.29 GB Used as Cache

16.62 Still Available.

SimonWilding

I'm glad you asked that Question as I am looking to do the same thing in a few months, change S4 to Note 4 - mainly cos I want a larger screen for watching TV and web browsing. from what research I have done the Note4 specs totally outdo those of the Note3 but that's just readng reviews etc

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac