Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 4 getting very hot.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
Since updating to Lollipop, Note 4 is getting really hot and battery drains very quickly.

Last 3 days, it has not lasted more than 6 hours.
Before used to last whole day with 30-40% remaining.

Also phone gets very hot. This happens in Flight Mode too.

Has anyone faced this issue?

Planning to take it to Samsung directly. Does anyone know the closest to Heathrow?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p

Hi Getafix.

I assume that you have done a hard reset of the device after upgrading and cleared the cache to?

Also, do you have any third party battery monitoring apps installed?  GSAM is a pretty good one as it will show you what apps are using what % of your battery and also what temperature your battery is at.

It could potentially be a faulty battery, but I haven't heard of any on the Note 4 yet.  Again, a hard reset should help to narrow this down. Also, it may be worth taking out your battery checking to see if it is bulging slightly - that is a good indicator of the battery being faulty.

Your nearest Samsung Repair Centre is in Teddington and I have used them before and found them to be really quick and helpful. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Try turning the Phone Off and On to reset it.

Can I ask have you performed a hard reset after updating the firmware ? This is typically suggested after a firmware update or if the phone is not acting as it should.

Process :

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hard reset

Power off the N910 Galaxy Note 4 phone. Press and hold both Volume Up + Home+power on. In the recovery menu select wipe data factory reset with Volume button. Press power to confirm. After hard reset completed, select reeboot system now! All data will be lost!

If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. In Idle mode, open the application list and select
Settings → Privacy → Factory data reset → Reset phone → Erase everything.

Performing a data reset
Delete all settings and data on the device. Before performing a factory data reset, ensure you
back up all important data stored on the device. Refer to Backing up and restoring data
for more information.
On the All apps screen, tap Settings → Backup and reset → Factory data reset → Reset device → Erase everything. The device automatically restarts.

Press Application button, then Settings > Reset settings: Reset your settings to the factory default values.

While using your device, be sure to back up important data. When disposing of your device, back up all data and then reset your device
to prevent misuse of your personal information.

Use this method to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Note4 SM-N910: Enter *2767*3855#. Warning! All your data including contacts, messages etc. will be lost! Copy all your necessary data/Contacts/Messages etc. to SIM or make backup to your PC before full reset! Take out SIM card before full reset.
Perform a back up as this process deletes data in the phone memory and remove any SD Card.

Have you tried a Google Search to see if anyone else online is having similar issues with your model of device.

If that does not help then a patch they may release could help or indeed yes go to Samsung UK Support.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I hope all goes well with your device.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

Hi Getafix.

I assume that you have done a hard reset of the device after upgrading and cleared the cache to?

Also, do you have any third party battery monitoring apps installed?  GSAM is a pretty good one as it will show you what apps are using what % of your battery and also what temperature your battery is at.

It could potentially be a faulty battery, but I haven't heard of any on the Note 4 yet.  Again, a hard reset should help to narrow this down. Also, it may be worth taking out your battery checking to see if it is bulging slightly - that is a good indicator of the battery being faulty.

Your nearest Samsung Repair Centre is in Teddington and I have used them before and found them to be really quick and helpful. 

PWIAC

Getafix

Hard Reset was done after Upgrade, with all apps deleted and reinstalled only one that I use.

@drey_p wrote:

Thanks for that, will try them this week as definitely issue with the phone as today battery died on me when I needed it for my boarding card at the Gate. Luckily I had my Nexus Tablet or I would have missed the flight.

drey_p

I hope they fix it for you!

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

I too hope all goes ok and the issues are resolved.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.