Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 4

AndrewGlossop
4: Newbie

Well while we are waiting on Vodafone to take their finger out and tell their loyal customers some details. Carphone Warehouse has been good enough to tell us what to expect:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-note-4/monthly?intcmp=newHP_paym_note4_260914

The device will be free on the £43 contract they offer and orders will be delivered from the 17th October onwards.

Cheers Vodafone, can I be paid for doing your job? A free Note 4 should do it! 😉

18 REPLIES 18

JohnRawstron
4: Newbie

I was just about to post the information, but you saved me the job, so you deserve a free Note 4 with Spotify / Netflix and maximum data :D.  It is a shame that P4U no longer exist, but will be interesting to see how prices with Vodafone direct compare to CPW, as there is sometimes a slight difference but as it stands £43.50 for 4gb Data and unlimited calls and texts is very reasonable :).

Hi AndrewGlossop, JohnRawstron and babychan,

There’s no info yet on whet the costs will be for the Galaxy Note 4.

When they’re available, they’ll appear here – Online shop

Thanks,

Simon

I think you mean NOTE 4. 

Hmm so not free on the £46 a month contract like one of your in-store reps let on this weekend? 

I have just got back from my local Vodafone store & had a chat to a sales person, who very kindly phoned head office and got an actual response.  Vodafone and Samsung are currently in talks over the Note 4 and that no actual tariffs / stock level has been confirmed by either party.  Vodafone will be supplying the Note 4, but it won't be known until about a week before the official launch at the earliest at what the official tariffs are.  The sales rep then went on to admitting that they are mainly pushing the Samsung Alpha at the moment and of course the new iPhone as their main new products.  I then popped into CPW and they confirmed that I will be able to get the Note 4 on Vodafone through them for £48.50 per month which includes unlimited minutes / texts, 7gb data and 24 months of Spotify.

Great info John!

The guy in Sheffield seemed to think it was sorted as he could tell me which contracts it was free on, unless he was just taking an informed guess. 

Think it's safe to say that on any contract from £40+ it should be a free unit since that is what CPW are offering and they are never that far apart.  

@babycham I am not sure if they do 12 months or not, it might be an idea to contact them.

Andrew, the thing is that we all knew that handset prices would rise on tariffs due to P4U going into administration & there being less competition.  I know that Vodfone have that limited offer until November with the 6 months of Netflix added to certain Red plans & so if Vodafone want customers to go to them for the Note 4, they will need to offer some incitement as CPW have set the ball rolling with their tariffs.  So for the sales rep you spoke to that suggested the price of £46 for 4GB is a bit crazy, seeing as the 24 months of Spotify isn't even on tariffs under 7gb. 

For me personally it would be worth paying £48.50 per month for the handset with the 7gb & Spotify as at the moment I pay £37 for my dated 3G price plan of 600 minutes, 1GB data & subscribe to Spotify seperately, so to sign up to the new plan at £48 per month with the Unlimited minutes 7gb Data & Spotify, would be silly not to take advantage of.

Nearly another week in and still non the wiser eh. 

Fantastic. Since I have Sky Go, Google Music and Netlix already I may as well just go use a company that want's our business, Hi CPW! 

According to CPW, they will start providing the Note 4 from the 17th October.  So with only a matter of 2 weeks left before it goes on the shelves, it is increasingly frustrating to see no new news on it on the Vodafone site, yet they have put up tariff information for the newly released Z3. Even Three are showing Tariff information for the Note 4, that is every network now with exception of Vodafone !.

"that is every network now with exception of Vodafone !."

Afraid your wrong there, O2 are late to the game as well.