Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
bagwafu

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Hi

Just went to upgrade the firmware on my Omnia to the 160 Meg ACHJ2 file from the Vodafone website.
It gets to the point where you tick the 2 boxes to say you have connnected to your PC and that the phone is charged, verifies the image, turns the phone off then on again ...... then nothing.

I understand this upgrade has been successfully installed on other handsets so is there anything else I need to do ...... ?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9 (2,404 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Hi bagwafu,

Oh no! It's a shame that isn't quite working for you.

There's nothing else I can suggest to make that work for you, but don't worry, you can easily get the software on your mobile updated by returning it for a Vodafone repair :)

Tom

eForum Team
Message 2 of 9 (2,404 Views)
bagwafu

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Thanks Tom ...... if I do this will I get a replacement stand in phone that I can use my sim card with whilst mine is away?

Thanks
Message 3 of 9 (2,404 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
asparak

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Make sure you copy off any data before sending it back for repair. They often need to wipe it at the repair centre and you lose everything
Message 4 of 9 (2,404 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
KD

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Hi bagwafu

I can clear this up for you! :D

asparak is spot on here (thanks matey :) ) It is best to back up anything on your phone that you want to keep to save it from being lost during the repair. Check out Zyb for a quick and easy way to do this!

If you are sending your phone for repair through a Vodafone store and you have insurance, then you can also have a loan phone free of charge!

When you get your phone back have a look here to see how to get the most our of it.

B-)

Kirsty
eForum Team
Message 5 of 9 (2,404 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
antwilson

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem last night when i decided to upgrade my firmware.

I clicked verify, the phone reset, and went back to the today screen. So after 10 mins of waiting and nothing happening, i unplugged the phone (dont know if i should have or not...) and ended the firmware upgrade software. i then plugged the phone back in, and soft reset the phone (WHILE PLUGGED INTO THE PC). When it rebooted, my pc popped up saying it was installing drivers. Once that finished, i ran the firmware upgrade, and it worked.

I was running vista if that helps

now going to start another thread for the problems im having now ive upgraded!!!
Message 6 of 9 (2,404 Views)
bagwafu

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Thanks - I'll try this before resorting to handing the phone in.
Message 7 of 9 (2,404 Views)
bagwafu

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Tried that, plus a battery pull - still didn't work ..........

Any other ideas ??
Message 8 of 9 (2,404 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Omnia Upgrade Snags

Tried that, plus a battery pull - still didn't work ..........

Any other ideas ??

Hi bagwafu,

I'm afraid the only option I can see left is to take the phone in for repair, as per Tom and Kirsty's previous advice. Sorry! :(

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 9 of 9 (2,404 Views)