Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
cash_13

Re: One annoyed customer..Dont like Lies!

Mine just turned up ( or was it yours? :smileywink: )

Was advised constantly via email and text to that it had been ordered, despatched, updated on delivery times and was given between 3-30pm & 4-30pm and arrived at just after 4pm and the you cant get better than that...

So going to open the box now and find out if its any good or not!!

Message 41 of 89 (3,672 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
ashfire

Hey.. How come?!?! 

cash_13 wrote:

Mine just turned up ( or was it yours? :smileywink: )

Was advised constantly via email and text to that it had been ordered, despatched, updated on delivery times and was given between 3-30pm & 4-30pm and arrived at just after 4pm and the you cant get better than that...

So going to open the box now and find out if its any good or not!!

@Crash_13 - You said you only ordered yesterday? and you got one today? Very Lucky I'd say..

And VF?? what are you guys doing.. Thought there would be an allocation queue and that the ppl who have been waiting were going to be allocated one first.. arghhhh :smileymad:

I'm still waiting for an email or text saying mine's on its way. Called up the CS guys only to be told that I'm still awaiting allocation. Damn you VF!!

Message 42 of 89 (3,648 Views)
cash_13

How come how come? I don't know perhaps its because I asked for an upgrade in December and got messed around with 3 different people saying 3 different things........and nobody got back to me for ages......

Anyway, pleased with some aspects of the Nexus not on others........the rear battery case is appalling and very brittle and very difficult to clip into place....Ice cream sanwich seems very responsive, I don't know if thats the processor or the software or no bloatware..but seems very nice and a refreshing change.....

I have found this review which is far away the best and most concise review I have seen yet and will get you lot looking forward to your new phones which I am sure will be with you soon......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpQvZ4bhsI&feature=related

Hope you enjoy.

Message 43 of 89 (3,618 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Supermoose

All, don't quote me on this and I know it has been said before and hasnt happened, but sounds like any orders made in store and are still waiting they should get some stock in the warehouse on Friday (if not Monday) and will be dispatched ASAP. - This wasn't a customer services rep or sales telling me...

I have been waiting since 10th Dec, so I'm not just saying this for the sake of things...

Message 44 of 89 (3,588 Views)
woodhorb

Now been waiting 5 weeks for my Nexus Galaxy; I phoned CS and they wrote off last month's rental fee and said if I don't get it within 4 weeks they'll do the same; I'd rather have the phone but at least I'm not paying for it.  Buymobilephones web site are offering Galaxy Nexus next day delivery with Vodafone and the same deal Vodafone offered re minutes texts and internet at £5 a month cheaper;  Three also say they have it in stock receive it tomorrow.  I won't buy a phone out of stock again and I'll shop around more as well.  I think I got caught up in the get it for Xmas mode.

Message 45 of 89 (3,576 Views)
piezor

Just spoken to a pleasant man in customer services (Rick, an English chap). Said my phone was still on back order awaiting allocation.

When I asked about estimated timescales he told me he didn't know when mine would be allocated but that stock is delivered on a monday, wednesday and friday so I may get an update if i call on those days.

Guess what I'll be doing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Joy.

Message 46 of 89 (3,565 Views)
ashfire

I got my phone deliverd just now.

8 days from ordering it. Didn't get any email, text or call saying it was dispatched. 

Good thing I decided to go home to have lunch, would have missed the delivery other wise.. 

Really happy now and I shall forgive you VF for the delay.. :smileyhappy:

Guess they're dispatching the phones to everyone.. If yours isn't with you yet, I'm sure you'll get it soon.

Message 47 of 89 (3,557 Views)
piezor

8 days from ordering?! I'll bet you are pleased.

Came off the phone feeling slightly upbeat knowing the delivery situation but am now annoyed again knowing that somebody who ordered their phone after me has theirs already.

This is not the way to run a business vodafone.

Message 48 of 89 (3,541 Views)
ZoeandKev

i find it appaling that people can call for an upgrade 8 days ago and now have one..when others are still waiting more than 4 weeks after there order!!!
Message 49 of 89 (3,515 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Guys,

When it comes to a phone being ordered the delivery will depend on which channel you have ordered your phone through.

Basically we have different stock allocation for store, online and via the phone.

When stock isn’t available in the store over the phone we will then place an order for you (back order) using the online store ordering tool that we have access to.

When stock is available in the online warehouse the orders will then be completed on a first come first serve basis, unfortunately I don’t have any details regarding a delivery schedule for this as any timescales that I could give could change depending on circumstances beyond our control.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 50 of 89 (3,469 Views)
FiL
FiL

James, I wish to make my complaint more formal, as I do not see any focus from VF on this issue past the stock copy/paste "we're out of stock sorry" responses. How do I escalate this?
Message 51 of 89 (3,456 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi FiL

When escalating issues this would normally be where an alternative resolution can be offered. With this being a stock issue there isn't an alternative resolution as we are still dependant on getting the handset delivered to us from the manufacturer.

The reason we have said we have no stock is because the stock isn't available, and I can assure you that no phone would be kept in the warehouse as these get sent out to our customers at the quickest opportunity.

Thanks

Martin

Message 52 of 89 (3,447 Views)
oxford

It seems like they have some stock as i was informed last week by C/S. I called C/S today asking where my phone was and was informed that it was in the store ready for collection, but have to wait until store phoned me, so not long now:smileysurprised:

Message 53 of 89 (3,434 Views)
piezor

Well it's Friday so I called CS to see if there was any news....... still awaiting stock.

However, the girls I spoke to said that they are 'hoping' to have stock at the beginning of next week to deal with the back orders.

So based on Rick's delivery schedule info I'm taking 'the beginning of the week' to be Monday.

Will call back then and see if there's any more news.

Message 54 of 89 (3,423 Views)
oxford

I have had confirmation of my order and will pick it up tomorrow
Message 55 of 89 (3,406 Views)
oxford

I now have a my phone it isworth the wait, but the store seems to have many new staff and were not conversant with the phone also the much hyped "red box" was useless as the person dealing with me couldn't find the galaxy nexus on the box

Message 56 of 89 (3,378 Views)
mcav

I just have one thing to ask.

How is it remotely possible that Vodafone have STILL not sorted their stock issues with this phone? It is not acceptable to keep putting customers through the ringer like this. The phone is now nearly quarter of a year old and yet Voda are scrambling around trying to find stock???

Message 57 of 89 (3,372 Views)
cash_13

I don't know why you are surprised this happens every year when they bring out a must have new phone

It was the same back when I had a Nokia 7110 way back!!! 2000 or something and the the P800 Erikson and the N95's

Iphones that was a complete nightmare for many not that I intended to get one I'm not being charged the kind of money they wanted for that product when you can get better phones for free that are less obtrusive

Message 58 of 89 (3,370 Views)
Drude

I ordered mine on Friday 20th, came today 21st. I was out of contract in a couple of weeks..asked for PAK...threw phone at me...:-)
Message 60 of 89 (3,359 Views)
Vanagib

It is truly absurd that some customers are getting a phone in 24 hours, wihle others wait 24 days.

Message 61 of 89 (3,498 Views)