Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Parental Control / Internet barring

tomls
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. I am going abroad for a while with work and have bought my 2 sons a Samsung GT-I9195  each so we can talk, and message, send pics, movies etc. AND THATS ALL!  How do I disconnect them to any internet and app access? They do not have email accounts. They have other phones with games etc on but are frequently having them conviscated by my Ex. This is just for a direct line of communication between myself and them which they will keep in their bedrooms. Therefore no need for conviscations! Please help. Im very worried I will hardly speak to them over the next 3 months! Thanks. T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tomls

We can place a GPRS bar on the account which would stop them being able to access the internet on the mobile network.

This would also prevent picture them from sending and receiving picture messages though.

Get in touch with our Live help team and they can arrange this.

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tomls

We can place a GPRS bar on the account which would stop them being able to access the internet on the mobile network.

This would also prevent picture them from sending and receiving picture messages though.

Get in touch with our Live help team and they can arrange this.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny

Now that I have given the phones to my boys, the youngest seems to have been fiddling in the settings and has now made the text message font size "ginormous"

Could you please give me easy to convey instructions that I can remotely pass to him so he can change the settings himself.

Many thanks. T

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tomls 

We've got step by step guides in our Device help page to follow.

All you need to do is enter the make and model of the phone and select the appropriate option.

DaveCD

hrym
17: Community Champion

If there isn't an option within the messaging app itself, have a look in the main Settings menu under either Display or Accessibility.

Nabs

@tomls 

There are instructions here

Nabs

Hi @tomls 

Have you looked at an app like Vodafone Guardian?

It allows you to completely lock down a phone, including blocking features you don't want them to have access to.

N