Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone in for repair - Stuck now.

RomySugden
1: Seeker

I took my Samsung Galaxy S3 into my local Vodafone store as I could no longer go to the Phones4u store where I had bought the phone from but on the day, the systems for the store had gone down for some reason (Not the first time I've been into the store and this has happened) so me and the advisor helping me did manual paperwork to book my phone in repair. It has been a week since taking the phone in and I haven't received any correspondence about my device. When booking the device there was a possibility that I wouldn't have a phone to put my SIM in so the advisor gave me a Dual-Sim until my device could be returned to me. I have a phone that I have managed to borrow and I gave the advisor my landline number but still haven't heard anything. Tried to call Vodafone Customer Services and after 15mins of waiting to talk to someone, I gave up because it starts to add up. I have also checked to Fonecare pack that I received see if that could help me as Customer Services haven't and I noticed that to use vodafone.co.uk/repairs that you need your mobile number and job reference number. I DO NOT HAVE ONE. Systems down and all, I am resorting to forum as webchat is down too. Please can someone help me as I am paying £42pm for a contract and phone but am unable to use the phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

The forum team should be able to get enough information to track this down for you - it'll help if you have a copy of that paperwork, I suspect.  Hang on, they aim to repond to all posts within 48 hours.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RomySugden,

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we’ll look into this for you.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page. 

Thanks,

Jenny

soggerson1977
1: Seeker

Hello

I am in the same position.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S 5 mini.  I had this as I paid to upgrade early as the previous Samsung I had stopped working.  I had problems receiving the replacement phone then they forgot to send me a microsim.  Yesterday after having my phone for 3 weeks it has a software problem it doesn't even turn on properly.  I did on line chat Friday night, they said they couldn't help me but go in the shop they could, i went  to the shop today and they couldn't help me as i purchased the phone on line.  I have called vodafone and done two on line chats today also.  They will send me a repair envelope out however, the time frame they have given is 10-14 days and I may have to pay for my repair!  It's a joke you should be able to speak, see or call anyone in Vodafone they should be able to help.  I have been a customer of theirs for years, I don't think they care.  My mobile number is on my business cards and I am driving for a minimum of two hours per day,  my new car has bluetooth so I could contact people whilst out on the road.  This won't happen.  So I am paying my monthly fee, I need to buy a new phone to get me through this period.  i asked about cancelling my contract as it is within 28 days going from the angle that they haven't provided me with a device that I can use but as I am outside 14 days (only just) they want my full contract payment nearly £600!  Angry, upset, fuming!

hrym

I suspect the note about "you may have to pay for the repair" is to cover the potential situation where damage is discovered that precludes Vodafone, as a 3rd party repairer, from doing warranty work.  This is a condition imposed by all the manufacturers.  If there's no damage, the work will be done at no cost.

If you are told there's definitely a cost (as opposed to there might be), get the phone back and take/send it to Samsung.   As the manufacturer, they have full discretion and will take a pragmatic view.   If there's (say) a small scratch that's clearly unrelated to the fault, it's highly likely they'll do the work under warranty.

I'm mystified by your having been told the repair can't be organised via a shop - as far as I'm aware, it definitely can.   You can't return a phone that was supplied on an online order via a shop, but that's not the same thing.  I wonder whether there was a misunderstanding about what you wanted to do, perhaps?