Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

alex_manc
4: Newbie
More then likely mate don't think Vodafone know what they are doing.

alex_manc
I just received my sim card on Saturday which is a white one with the NFC Symbol and I'm on the new billing system. But Vodafone wallet still not working.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alex_manc @lonebod

As you've both been into store already to check your SIM, please come and speak to us on Live Chat so we can look into this further for you. 

hrym
17: Community Champion

When you get the SIM, make sure that it doesn't say "NFC Legacy" on the back of the carrier card.

I think the legacy ones are 3-stage (ie can be full-size, micro or nano).   AFAIK, the individual ones are all for the new system.

Hi guys.

Guess what?

That's right. They sent me a standard nano sim!!

So i was of the the shop again yesteday and after yet another 30 minute wait so see someone so they could give me an NFC sim I finally for a replacment NFC SIM, now set as a nano sim instead of dual format.

Drum Role please........... Wallet still does work!!!! 

Oh, and 2 more people that work for Vodafone that say, don't use Vodafone apps, they're rubbish and they them selves are waiting on Google pay.

Speaks volumes when the actual staff that work for Vodafone think the service the company they work for is rubbish.

lonebod
I am on live chat as we speak. The person there can't change sim number 3 to a nano sim type from a dual sim type. They are arranging for sim number 4 to be sent out to me in the post which will apparently fix all my problems.

Can't wait. Gonna be writing a long complaint letter after this cause the service I've had from Vodafone since joining in May is the worst I've ever experienced!

alex_manc
What is a sim number 4? I went in to the Vodafone shop they said I have the right sim card.

63johnw
I think he just means 4th sim to try.

alex_manc
Let me know how it goes mate n if you get it working.

phil194
I have just stuck the top up tag inside the back cover of my note 4 and works perfectly.. I have a NFC Sim but can't get to work as I don't have vodafone firmware installed on phone..