Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

lonebod
4: Newbie
Thanks mate.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lonebod @alex_manc

I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

I'm STILL facing gross incompetence and lies from Vodafone staff! FACT.

Today, during a call between 08:43 - 09:37, I was finally informed that someone would call me back TODAY (18th). I said I doubted if this would happen. It DIDN'T!

I called later (call between 20:11 - 20:26) and during the call I advised the operator that SmartPass team are UNABLE to help, as their system is driven by Vodafone. It is a VODAFONE team who I need to speak with. What did the operator do? Put me on music hold, and connected me to SmartPass!! GROSS INCOMPETENCE.

Issue:-

I was on Crystal. I (finally) managed to get a LEGACY NFC sim (in spite of Vodafone telling me these do NOT exist. I got one from a London Vodafone store. It STILL didn't work.

It took a communication to the CEO's team to finally be informed 'There have been issues with Legacy NFC sims (not) working on Crystal, and it is a case of waiting for migration.

My account was finally migrated. The Legacy NFC sim still did not work as NFC payment means.

I called into a Vodafone store, and obtained a NON Legacy NFC sim card. It STILL doesn't work! I am STILL showing as 'INACTIVE' on your partner (SmartPass) teams system.

Nobody at Vodafone seems to know what to do, nor able to offer a resolution.

Samsung S5. Lollipop. NFC sim card in phone. Joined up, and 'signed' with SmartPass. I have an account with SmartPass. SmartPass are seeing my number as INACTIVE on their system thus unable to use NFC sim for payments.

Anyone????

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂

ecpdavidbarton
I have had the exact same problems for months and not found an answer yet.... lost faith in Vodafone's ability to solve this.

Fed up listening to the on hold music! Going to leave at the earliest opportunity.

lonebod
I finally got a ticket raised with Vodafone. No idea what they did, but I got an e-mail saying I could set up Vodafone Wallet. It now works. Just need to get Smartpass working now. 50% there now.

ecpdavidbarton
What did you do? Ticket??

lonebod
I got a PM from one of the forum people with a link and a code. Looks like I may now have multiple Smartpass accounts though so smartpass won't work.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@lonebod wrote:
I got a PM from one of the forum people with a link and a code. Looks like I may now have multiple Smartpass accounts though so smartpass won't work.

That is highly likely to be the problem.  Smartpass isn't part of Vodafone and is provided by a separate company.  The good news is that you can contact their support 24/7 (afaik) and they answer quickly.  The number is 01635 692 198.  They will also resolve issues quickly.  Talk to them about closing extra accounts - though I'm not sure how you managed to get more than one!

lonebod
Roll on android pay!!!

kevinx
6: Helper
6: Helper
For a company like Vodafone, promoting SmartPass and associated payment methods, it's totally not acceptable the way their staff have acted due to lack of training, lack of knowledge and what seems to be a complacent attitude. I have been blatantly LIED TO, given wrong and misleading information, and 'fobbed off'.
Vodafone, you need to sort out this INCOMPETENCE.

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂