Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

hrym
17: Community Champion

You can't tell the difference between Legacy and non-Legacy SIMs by looking at that bit alone.   You need the carrier card so that you can see what (if anything) it says in the top left corner.  The Legacy SIMs I have here have a white border on the contact side, but I've been told that may be changing so that both types will appear identical from the front/contact side.

risvi
I recently got nexus 6p from Vodafone and its come with NFC and latest version of android. Does it support NFC Vodafon wallet ?

@risvi

The Nexus 6P currently isn't listed as a compatible device.

The range of compatible devices is updated regularly, so keep your eyes peeled on that page for updates.

Hi, I've eventually finished reading this thread and I've experienced virtually every issue mentioned in the month I have been trying to set up wallet. There seems to be a new one now as I finally got a number for the wallet team (not the smartpass) however for the last few days there's a recorded message saying that due to an "Emergency" they are unable to answer the phone.

The problem I have is that when I try to open the app a message says "unable to open wallet, we are currently setting up wallet on your new sim card it shouldn't take long". I think I've tried every solution in the thread. Any advice please?

hrym

I wonder whether the "emergency" and the setup failure are in some way related?  I've transferred the service from one device to another (but keeping the same SIM) and had much the same response for 24 hours - in this case, the system had to de-register on one and re-register on the other and I think the time taken was what would be expected.

There have been some other reports of problems in setup, but the threads have gone cold after a while, suggesting that it sorted itself out in the end.  I think all you can do is keep trying (say once a day) until it works, which I suspect it will eventually.

alex_manc
4: Newbie
I have the same problem did you get your phone from Vodafone? because I got my phone from Samsung and not Vodafone there saying that's why my Vodafone wallet isn't working.

gilbodyn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi I got my phone from vodafone. Just been in the shop and they say that vodafone are stopping the wallet service and that there is no alternative

risvi
Maybe it's only work with Vodafone network locked phone. Not on sim free

alex_manc
4: Newbie
mate a locked phone wouldn't take a Vodafone sim.

risvi
What I am guessing is Vodafone wallet only works with Vodafone network locked phone. Not in unlocked phone( which u buy from Samsung or Google)