Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

ecpdavidbarton
Tech Team: Rather than keep redirecting people to pages, other links... why can you not provide the answer to the problem here for all to see?

Answer: because it does not work with the NFC Sim.... and there is no possibility of being transferred into new biling system. Migration will only happen when it happens and no time promised.

I guess my only option is to go back to the store and ask them for a non nfc Sim and go back to using the smart tag.

My advise is don't bother calling anyone.... you are wasting your time. On my last call I was asked "what does NFC stand for"...

phil194
Spoke to smart pass team today to find out that the NFC system does not work yet and they don't know when it will become live.. only the smart tag works for the time being..

risvi
Does nexus 5 support for build in NFC?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, list of current compatible devices is here.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/apps/vodafone-wallet/

I've got exactly the same issue with the Wallet app saying to wait 15 minutes.  

It turned out that i had 2 Smartpass accounts. Looks like i might have 2 wallet accounts too.

I've tried to call 191 as instructed on the Vodafone Wallet help pages, but there is not clear option for Wallet and no one seems to know how to transfer me to someone.

The service here is a joke.  I've spent 2 hours on the phone today and got no where. Never actually manager to speak to someone who knew anything about Wallet, although I did get transferred to the Oyster Card help desk at one point.

I really wish i hadn;t moved to Vodafone. Got 18 months of pain left before I can go back to 3!

hrym

I don't think you have a Wallet account as such.   However, I've transferred the app (in so far as installing it a second time counts as tranferring) to a new device and it refused to set up at first.  Trying again after 24 hours solved the problem and I think it's possible that it has to de-register from the first device.  In this case, I'd moved the SIM to a new phone (ie same SIM, new device).   I have two numbers on my account and have set Wallet up on both of them.  Each also has its own Smartpass account with different user names and I'm not sure whether you could have two of those with the same name and address (never tried, either).  You certainly can't use the same card to top up more than one account, which is a bit of a pain.

Are you trying to use NFC?   This requires a compatible device and the correct type of SIM.   If you're on the old billing system, the carrier card should have "NFC Legacy" on the back.  The ones for the new system are blank.   I've upgraded to NFC from a previously working tag-based installation and it was straightforward.   You have to register using mobile data, not wifi, for security and the app should prompt you to turn wifi off if it's on.  I only had 2G when I upgraded, but it worked fine.   I have had to have several goes at setting up My Vodafone (which also requires mobile data) in the past, though.  If you have the wrong SIM, that could be the problem.

There have been issues with the frontline customer service people not knowing about Wallet support.   A reminder about this has gone out and it's also worth suggesting they look it up in the search option on their system - I'm told that will pull up everything they need.  They don't need to transfer yoir to anyone else unless your enquiry relates to Smartpass, in which case you'll probably have called the dedicated helpline anway.

lonebod
4: Newbie
6 calls to Vodafone an no one with any clue how to help me would suggest the guys on the helpdesks done now how to deal with Wallet.

I have a Galaxy S6 edge. I recently went into a Vodafone store and was told I could get an NFC sim so I didn't need one of the smartpass cards. That's where the problems began!

hrym

I've upgraded to NFC with no problems.  You need to make sure you have the correct type of SIM and a shop will be able to check that for you.  Wallet itself also needs to be working (obviously) before you can do the upgrade and it's possible you need to wait for that to happen on a new device before attempting the next step.   As far as I'm aware the S6 is NFC-compatible.

lonebod
4: Newbie
I went into a Vodafone shop and had everything checked. I was informed by the Vodafone staff that even they can't get it to work on their phones. In their words it's just Vodafone's buggy applications.

hrym

Strange.  I have it running on an unbranded HTC One M9 (some unbranded devices are compatible).   It does require a compatible device and, a I've said before, it's important that you have the right SIM.   The shop should be able to check this for you very easily as they just have to look at your online account to determine whether you're on the old or the new system. 

I'd suggest you ask them to do this and give you a new SIM of the appropriate type.   If you're on the old system, look for "NFC Legacy" on the back of the card.  If you're on the new system, the back of the card should be plain.  All the shop have to do is activate it - you do all the rest of the NFC upgrade process on the phone itself and it should start automatically as soon as you open the app.  You'll get various prompts and, if anything's not clear, just hit the purple ("do it") button.   When you've finished, you also need to go into Smartpass within the Wallet and set that up.  Again, it's pretty clear what's necessary.