Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with wifi connection if no password

ClareMoffat
Not applicable
I am currently in the US. My wifi won't connect if there is no password required. Fine if password is needed. It is a Samsung s4. It says it is connected but it isn't. I have had the same problem since I got the phone earlier this year but I always used data if it didn't work but obviously that costs a lot here (also had inconsistent messages in how much exactly from vodfone. )I know it is the phone as tablets are connecting but they are bulky to carry all day!! Any ideas? Is it a security issue? I never had this problem with my s2.
1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Some password-less wifi networks want you to register or authenticate in some other way with them.   Some recent implementations of Android take you to a dedicated page for this.   If yours doesn't, try going to any website other than the current one in the browser.  This usually pulls up the login/authentication page.  However, I've had trouble getting this to work using Chrome and some manufacturer stock implementations that look very Chrome-like, but never with Firefox.  I don't know about the Samsung browser in these circumstaces, but give Firefox a try,