You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
crispyc

Problems Syncing Nexus S to Peugeot 207 Bluetooth

Just purchased the Nexus S and so far loving it, does everything I hoped and no issues to date :smileyhappy: apart from syncing to the inbuilt Bluetooth car kit on my 207. I can sync all my other phones without issue just not the Nexus. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12 (7,072 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Problems Syncing Nexus S to Peugeot 207 Bluetooth

Hi Crispyc,

A very warm welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

When it comes to in car Bluetooth kits, it can sometimes cause issues with certain handsets, In your case it is simply an issue with compatibility, according to the list of compatible handsets for your car, the Nexus S is not listed and as such is very unlikely to work.

As you are trying to connect to a non Vodafone product we are unable to test or offer any support for you, however if any of our community has any suggestions please post them here.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 12 (7,029 Views)
crispyc

Hi,

Managed to find a fix, it seems the issue is related to the way most Peugeot & possibly Citroen BT kits operate, they require a 4 digit access code to be input on the phone, however the Nexus S sends a 6 digit code.

To the fix:

1. Download Bluetooth File Transfer from the Android market
2. Put your carkit in discoverable mode and launch BT file transfer
3. Initiate pairing in BT File Transfer (Remote folder -> Menu -> Search for devices)
4. Ta-daa a PIN code is asked! Enter correct PIN code.
5. Et voilà, your phone is paired with your carkit.
6. You can now remove Bluetooth File Transfer.

Did this last night, and even swapping between the Nexus S and my Nokia work phone it keeps the pairing.

Message 3 of 12 (7,016 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
yellow160

Excellent find!

Message 4 of 12 (7,008 Views)
crispyc

When you 1st connect the BT File transfer App. tries to transfer files over (the car won't accept so it cancels), but the phone syncs ok, and the call list is visible using the steering column controls as I think is the contact list.

Message 5 of 12 (6,998 Views)
LesleyElliott

Hi  

I am following your instructions but have got stuck, I hope that you can help.  

I have done 1 and 2 below. When I launch Bluetooth file transfer (step 2) it says ' Server started successfully,listening on port 12, remote devices can now connect. But it still says on the car display Nexus S connection failed. I don't understand the reference to (Remote folder -> Menu -> Search for devices) - where do you find this?

Just to confirm I am switching on Bluetooth on my nexus s and making it 'Discoverable' before launching Bluetooth File Transfer app. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 12 (6,653 Views)
crispyc

Hi Lesley. I used By file transfer by medieval software. When it opens click OK and a screen showing folders is visible. At the top of the screen are 2 symbols (phone & Bluetooth) . Tap the Bluetooth symbol (right hand) to reveal a new screen. Here you should see youth car listed, select and follow remainder of procedure. My nexus s connected 1st thing using this method, the in car display and stalk controls work fine. Once connected you can delete the by app from the phone if not using for anything else
Message 7 of 12 (6,639 Views)
LesleyElliott

Hi Newbie

It is really good of you to reply so promptly. You have explained it really well. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. When I select the bluetooth icon, it shows my 207, as you said it would. But when I select that it searches and instead of prompting me for a the pin code, it says ' Pairing operation aborted by user'. If you, or anyone else has any ideas I would be really grateful.

Many thanks for all your help.

Lesley

Message 8 of 12 (6,619 Views)
paulanddiane

Hi Lesley. I had a 407 and a Nexus One and spent much time and money online and at dealerships etc before I downloaded the app "Bluetooth File Transfer" which I found suggested on about page 100 of Google or something similar. Forgive me, but I have absolutely no idea what it does but it seemed to work once installed. Before the two devices found each other but would not connect. I may have had to fiddle about a bit in the app screens and I can't remember so No promsises! Give it a try.

Message 9 of 12 (6,443 Views)
crispyc

paulanddiane wrote:

Hi Lesley. I had a 407 and a Nexus One and spent much time and money online and at dealerships etc before I downloaded the app "Bluetooth File Transfer" which I found suggested on about page 100 of Google or something similar. Forgive me, but I have absolutely no idea what it does but it seemed to work once installed. Before the two devices found each other but would not connect. I may have had to fiddle about a bit in the app screens and I can't remember so No promsises! Give it a try.

The issue is that the Nexus 1 & 2 use a 5 digit passcode the Peugeot (and I think Citroen) use a 4 digit code, the BT file transfer acts as an interface between the two systems and will allow the appropriate code to be entered into the phone software, once set up once it works without fail.

Message 10 of 12 (6,440 Views)
regluob

I had the same problem with my Seat Ibiza "60" plate and using the BT File Transfer worked perfectly. Thanks.

Message 11 of 12 (6,380 Views)
LesleyElliott

Hello Crispyc

I have finally got my nexus s to link to my Peugeot 207 using the Bluetooth file transfer that you recommended and your instructions. It has taken 6 months with many people - including Peugeot dealership  - trying and failing. I though that I would try again as I have had a few Bluetooth file transfer updates recently. And it worked first time!

Thanks so much!

Lesley

Message 12 of 12 (5,912 Views)