Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage certificate

Lesleyg55
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I need a proof of usage certificate as I dropped my phone and the screen broke and my insurance company has requested one before they can complete my claim does anyone know how to get one?
6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Sorry to hear about what has happened to your phone - I do hope you are able to get it replaced soon!

One of the eForum Team will be able to help you get the documentation that your insurer requires.  Please be patient and they will be along as soon as they can to send you a Private Message with detailed instructions on how to get in touch.

PWIAC

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lesleyg55,

Is this a Pay monthly or Pay as you go account?

If it was a Pay as you go phone, we won’t be able to see this information.

If it was a Pay monthly account, please get in touch with the team here.

James

Hello,

I would like to request as well a proof of purchase. I am currently under a monthly contract.

Regards

Salvatore Bernardo

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
If you wait 24-48 hours the eforum team will look into this for you.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salvatore,

Please click here to send us your details, so we can request this for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

froggerty

If your insurance Company are requesting a certificate of useage then you need to find another insurer. Your phone should be included in your house insurance, house and contents. If you supply them copies of your monthly invoices then that should be good enough, if they won't accept that your payments to date are not proof of usage then they are trying to wriggle out of paying you out. You should have proof of purchase ect on the sheet of paper, your 'contract', that you came away with when you took out your contract. Advice for all, insure your phone under your house and contents insurance and make sure it's written into the policy 'any item kept in the domestic house and used outside' and also make sure 'accidental damage' is included.