Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Making a complaint?

beamersarah72
3: Seeker

Hi, Can anyone help? I have a Samsung galaxy s3, that is approx 18months old. It has been sent for repair 3 times - 1st time the battery was replaced, the 2nd time a new mother board and 3rd time, no fault found! It was sent away, as it overheated, crashed, seized up, was incredibly slow and couldnt play music without jumping, the list goes on. On its 3rd return (no fault found) - it still overheats, cannot play music without jumping and freezes! i am at my wits end! :smileysad: Please can someone help, this phone is not fit for purpose and I've had enough. been a customer for 21years and very very frustrated now.

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Are you aware that a misbehaving app can cause the issues that you are having ?  You've had everything else in the phone replaced to it is practically a new handset. It would be worth doing a factory reset on the device to completely wipe all the apps.  Then, set up the phone again but don't install any apps.  If the phone behaves itself, you know it is an app so you can then install them one at a time in order to narrow down which one it is. 

If that doesn't work, you're going to have to send it off for repair again. If you haven't used them before, I'd recommend contacting your nearest Samsung Repair Centre.  I've used them in the past and found them to be very helpful.

PWIAC

beamersarah72

I have a samsung s3, it has been sent off to the repair tech guys 3 times now, for over heating, crashing, turning off and on of its own accord etc! It has had a new battery the 1st time, new motherboard the 2nd time and no fault found the 3rd time! (whish is hard to believe) Its been back 3 days now and still overheats, has crashed/frozen and i am still unable to listen to music without it skipping and jumping! I am at my wits end and having been a vodafone customer for 21 years, am a little frustrated, never had problems like this before.  They seem to think that I'm making stuff up, but my phone just isnt fit for purpose! :smileysad:

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just picking up on the "jumping music" issue. Is your music stored on an external micro sd card or internally on the phones storage?

You could have a corrupt music file which is causing issues?
If you have an external ad card it could be faulty and causing issues?

You can download and install GSam battery monitor. This will show you what service or app is keeping the phone active and causing the overheating.
😉

curly
5: Helper
@Angryofdunmow I have just tried to repost the and there was an error...outside my parameters or words to to that effect...and it wouldn't even let me copy and paste it either...