jantizz
2: Seeker

Screenshot of one of error messages

6 REPLIES 6

jantizz

Hi been using this phone for approx 2 months now, my first 4g phone.  Noticed problems early on, mainly very weak reception on ground floor of my house (previously had sony Xperia, reception superb). Persevered with patchy coverage but when kids returned to school had more time to really get to grips with problems.  I visited my local vodafone store about 10 days ago, reporting weak reception problem as well as an inability of the phone to 'register on network'.  This problem presents itself when I try and send an sms; get error msg telling me 'no network connection, no signal found for mobile networks'. This happens when the signal strength indicator is at 2 or 3 bars - weird.  So I go to settings, more networks, mobile networks, network operators.....and wait while phone searches and comes up with - variously - 02, ee, 3 - more often than not vodafone is not listed. On the odd occasion it is, I naturally select it - and receive error msg 'unable to connect, try latter's.  So, 10 days ago this was an intermittent fault and employee tinkered with phones network mode.  This had no effect so I returned to store on the 11th Sept.  Probably the sim card, I was told, so left with replacement sim.  I was told by shop to expect an e-mail telling me to insert new sim, waited all weekend then Sunday night used live chat to seek advise. They told me to organise sim switch online, which I did.  Again no email arrived instructing me to insert new sim so I went ahead and did this yesterday.  I was able to send/receuve a couple of texts but today the phone has been awful, basically unable to make or receive calls or texts.  Tried restoring factory settings, removing battery/sim.....nothing.  

Sorry this is so long winded but I wanted to give as full account of problems as poss.  Internet connection always been good btw.  Very frustrated need phone to be working don't have time or inclination to bothering with faulty phone also don't want to be driving into town with sole purpose of visiting vodafone shop.  Hope someone can shed some light on any fixes that I can apply without heading back to shop.  Thank you.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you check your masts just incase an issue is present. 

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Process of Elimination: Can you perhaps try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault. If an alternative phone takes a bigger sim then the Network Shops have plastic Sim Card Adapters that temporarily make the original Sim Card larger.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks. Had previously checked on coverage checker - which was fine - but just saw the  'network status ' tab and yes, there's been unexpected network issues nearby. I've registered for an update.  Fingers crossed this will be the problem.  I didn't know about sim adapters will try that route also.

Thanks again!

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome. 

I hope this resolves for you asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Phone has been returned to samsung for repair. Shop assistant agreed the problems experienced are due to faulty device.

So phone was sent for 'repair' but I don't think they managed to find the problem I've been experiencing at home.  I managed to collect the handset from my local store today after waiting in a queue then having to leave yesterday, tried again today, store was rammed again it was suggested I should 'do some shopping and come back'; when I pointed out how frustrating it is to be expected to wait an extended period of time. - or even return a different day - ,my concern was dismissed and I was assured it was busy because it's a ' successful store'...yes, full of people wanting to complain about awful service. I think vodafone live in a parallel universe when it comes to customer service.  

Anyway I digress.

So the handset works beautifully in store, of course, but when I get home I am unable to make calls or texts: not registered on network, says the error message.  What it is about this device which means I cannot use it at home?  I've been using my old sony xperia while the Samsung has been at repair centre - it's worked beautifully, without a hitch.  Can anyone explain why this upgraded phone doesn't want to behave?  Haven't had a chance to put it to the test out and about yet, I should add.

Thanks in advance.

Janine