Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Read reports

stujh
2: Seeker

Hi..I am trying to get read reports on my outgoing emails also for some reason I cannot view my recent sent emails.. it only shows sent items from 2 weeks ago... someone please help before I throw my phone against the wall. .PLEASE

*Email Tag removed for security.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If your using the stock email app and it isn't providing what you need in the way of details perhaps take a look in the Google Play store for an alternative option to use. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's a while since I used any stock email client.  I don't remember read reports being supported, but I rather think there may be an option in Settings for how far back to sync.

For various reasons I switched to Gmail and it then made sense to use its dedicated app, which I find a lot more straightforward.

jeffkinn

I don't think any stock mobile email client supports read requests. (This is also an issue in Outlook for Mac - there is no option to request a read or delivered report.)

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

Even if you request read reports, you're still dependent on the recipient agreeing to send one - and, I think, using a client that supports that.

stujh
Ok..it gets worse..All emails I send fail to deliver. .I receive email ok..any ideas please

jeffkinn

What phone is it and who is your email provider?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

Your best option is to check the settings recommended by your service provider.   If they don't have ones dedicated to Android, you can usually adapt the ones for MS Outlook fairly easily.  A failure to send emails is usually down to the SMTP (send) settings and their server may require authentication (basically, you have to sign in before it'll accept you).  This is usually done by ticking a box.  You may also need to experiment with the security settings - SLS/TLS is the most common but, just occasionally, they like security to be off altogether.

Some ISPs don't like connections over anything other than their own network - if emails will send over your home wifi but not elsewhere, or via mobile data, that may be the problem.