Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving lost text messages

Jennyn141
2: Seeker

Good Evening,I have been trying to recover text messages from last year (2014) that were automatically deleted from my Samsung S3 phone without my knowledge due to the phone being automatically pre-set on purchase to delete text messages after a certain period of time, therefore I have been trying to look into apps online which may be able to help me to do this, however a number of the apps that I have found expect you to set up 'Root Access' on your phone, however I am very reluctant to do this due to researching that this can seriously risk damaging your phone. I would be very grateful if you could please provide me with help and advice on this or to perhaps recommend apps that are more reputable and safer to use? Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Jennyn141

Good Evening,I have been trying to recover text messages from last year (2014) that were automatically deleted from my Samsung S3 phone without my knowledge due to the phone being automatically pre-set on purchase to delete text messages after a certain period of time, therefore I have been trying to look into apps online which may be able to help me to do this, however a number of the apps that I have found expect you to set up 'Root Access' on your phone, however I am very reluctant to do this due to researching that this can seriously risk damaging your phone. I would be very grateful if you could please provide me with help and advice on this or to perhaps recommend apps that are more reputable and safer to use? Many thanks in advance

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Jennyn141

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

‘Rooting’ your phone isn’t something we recommend as it voids your warranty.

As the messages have now been deleted from the phone, there isn’t any way to get these back I’m afraid.

Thanks,

Jenny

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Also see the reponses on your other thread.

Dear Jenny,

I would just like to say thank you for helping me with my query and for clarifying that 'Root Access' is definitely not recommended in regards to invalidating the warranty of the phone.

I would just like to say that I feel that it is a shame that there are no further methods for text message retrieval when  the messages were automatically deleted without my knowledge and that the function for automatically deleting text messages after a certain period of time is automatically pre-set within the phone on purchase.

Many thanks once again for your advice and guidance in this matter.

Kind Regards

Jennifer.