Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming ?

BonnieXX
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys,

I am going on holiday soon and i want for my internet to be turned off so that even apps cant update in the background and me not know and end up with a big bill. As far as i can see, i need to uncheck the data roaming box and when i press the power off button, de-activate the data network mode, is there anything else i need to do ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If a picture message cost 37p that, as far as I'm aware, is the same cost as in the UK.  However, you could send a text meaage without turning data on as this doesn't use the data network.

The danger with turning data roaming on temporarily is that anything that syncs in background would be able to do so and you might run up some extra data costs as a result.  If Euro Travelller works in Norway, then you could opt in to that your only cost would be £3 per day as usage would come out of your contract allowance (note that most contracts don't include picture messages).

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

jeffkinn

That is a great find!!

Shame it isn't available on other platforms

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym
Hi Dave

Euro Traveller is a good idea and allows users to control costs and, more to the point, anticipate them. However, it's still 3 quid a day, which equates to £90 a month if you use it for 30 days.

Is this the true cost of network and data roaming?