Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rsap with Galaxy Note 3 will not work with Audi

eddiedee
3: Seeker
PLEASE HELP!! LOL
My car wants to use rsap with my phone and when it does I cannot make or receive calls. I have identified that this is an issue with Vodafone sims as an O2 sum works fine. Can anyone help with this issue? Much appreciated in advance!😢
25 REPLIES 25

If you’d like to discuss this further with us, please come and speak with our Live help team.

Thanks Sarah ..I will test for another couple of weeks or so, then see about getting a new Vodafone SIM... I am not sure if that will cure the issue but as I have used the same SIM for a number of years, and the PAYG SIM which was my Mothers is also quite old (4-5 years old same as mine) it may be that is the issue... 

As I say will test for a couple more weeks or so to confirm... 3 weeks is the longest on the Vodafone SIM.... :Smiling: 

eddiedee
Thanks for all the replies here, but can anybody tell me why the vodafone sims block rsap?

@eddiedee

We don’t block rSAP.

If you’re still having issues, I’d suggest trying a new SIM.

eddiedee
As stated above it is a new sim?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eddiedee

I think we should check your account to make sure this isn't blocked.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

So I take it you can block rSpa? if so can you just check my account as well?

I am sure mine is a differet issue as I can connect and use rSap for up to two weekends (only use car weekends) before it disconnects...

Stuart

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stuarttunstall

I'm not aware if we can indeed block it, it's something I'd like to get checked so that we can rule it out :).

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thank you... as I say I don't think that is my issue as mine will work for a couple of weeks, I thnk it is a SIM issue with my Skoda and Vodafone SIMS, as I know they do have issues with some, but not all "3" SIMS..

I will be testing the Virgn Mobile SIM again this weekend and for 2-3 weeks if, as it has been all is OK it must confirm a SIM issue, in which case I will try a new Vodafone SIM as mine is quite old now (the Virgin SM is a few weeks)

Will send a reply to your PM :Smiling:

I am now very optimistic that the issue with my disconnections from the rSap profile in my Skoda Superb (2015 model) is down to either the Vodafone network of the Vodafone SIM... 

Having tried the Virgin Mobile SIM in my old Galaxy S3 which did disconnect the same as my new Note 4 using the Vodafone SIM, it has remained connected for the last 8 weekends (Fri-Sun) which equtes to 16 connects/disconnects at least... I do not log every connection, just each day it was OK.. 

I will continue to test the Virgin Mobile SIM for another couple of weekends, and if all OK I will then try a new Vodafone SIM..