Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S Planner Reminder issue

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I've noticed since the Kitkat update, if I have an S Planner caldenar or task event that has a reminder, even though I dismiss the even it keeps reminding me as though I have snoozed it and not dismissed it. Very irritating.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

28 REPLIES 28

jeffkinn
Excellent find. It's happened to me a few times this week and it's very annoying. I can't pin down the circumstances that cause it. There isn't any pattern or consistency to the problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I don't mean to bump up an old thread but this keeps happening to me on my note 3 with sview cover. it's a reminder i have set for every 2 weeks and its only been a problem 2 weeks ago and now today as well. I'm on Verizon so i've had Kit Kat for more than a month I can't remember exactly when i got it but it feels much longer, and I didn't do a factory reset. i hate setting up my phone all  over again 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JamesVetree,

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

Anyone found a solution to this? I am having the same problem on my end. Norwegian phone with S-View cover / kitkat.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kiripe,

From the sounds of it we'll need to wait for the next software date to see if it contains a fix for this :).

Thanks

Sukhi

SAME PROBLEM, VERY IRRITATING. WITH A NOTE 3 4G.

I WENT TO A SAMSUNG SUPPORT/ REPAIR SHOP. THEY COULD NOT HELP BUT FIDDLED FOR 30 MIN, SAID THEY HOPED IT WAS FIXED.

BUT NO CHANGE.

ITRIED DELETING THE ENTRY, THE REMINDER KEEP REMINDING,

TRIED TAKING REMINDER OFF, IT IS STILL RINGING. REBOOT PHONE, DEFAULT SET UP ETC ETC. NO EFFECT.

i tried to update to latest OS but I already have the latest OS.

EVEN IF I SET AN EVENT WITHOUT REMINDER, THE REMINDER POPS UP.

SORRY BUT WHAT IS AN S VIEW KIT AND HOW COULD THAT INFLUENCE THE SOFTWARE ?

Anyone around from Samsung who could help us?

would that be an issue for returning the phone under garantee?

hopefully yours

hrym

@johndow wrote:

SORRY BUT WHAT IS AN S VIEW KIT AND HOW COULD THAT INFLUENCE THE SOFTWARE ?

Just to deal with that: the S View cover is a Samsung case and KitKat is the curent version of the Android operating system.   The gist of the previous exchange was that there was a conflict between the two.   Are you having this issue without the cover?  

Hi johndow,

Do you have any other calendars linked on your phone, for example Google Calendar of Facebook?

Linked accounts may mean that you’ll get multiple notifications. You might need to turn off notifications for the linked calendars so that you only receive it once.  

Thanks,

Simon

I believe I found a solution. Unfortunately this forum rules doesn't allow me to paste a link, but I am sure you will find the thread on XDA-developers.

Do the following:

Download and install the S5 samsung planner via its APK file (available in XDA). It will basically update the current planner app on your device. PROBLEM SOLVED!