Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S3 mini not syncing with Google

djs1970
4: Newbie

Hi

My wife has a Samsung S3 mini and nothing appears to be syncing with Google. No contacts, no calender etc. The phone says it has synced, but when I check on the PC there is nothing there! This problem has only just become apparent as she upgraded to an S4 and nothing came across from Google!

All settings appear corrcet as I have checked them against my S3.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I have to make sure that I get this the right way around. The S3 is showing that the contacts are synced to Google? So if you edit a contract, does it show your @gmail.com address in it? Does it also show something like "starred in android" on the contact card.

Could you also double check by going to the accounts and selecting the Google account and making sure that contacts option is selected.

Have you got the contacts onto the S4?

Sorry - just realised I have asked way too many questions.

PWIAC

djs1970
4: Newbie
S3 shows Gmail address., s3 mini doesn't. Where is the contact card? No contacts on s4 from Google.

drey_p

The contact card is what I refer to when you go into a specific contact ie you've gone into "John Smith" instead of looking at the name in the list of contacts.

If you have any contacts on the S3 mini, you could try exporting them and then importing them into the Gmail account.  When in the contacts, go to settings and export all the contacts to a file on the phone.  This is the scary bit, delete all the contacts on the handset and import them again from the file you have just created. As part of the import process it will ask where you want the contacts saved - select the Gmail account. Obviously there is a risk that you may end up deleting your contacts in error, so please be careful.

PWIAC