Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 Battery

filmo50
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a galaxy S4 supplied by vodafone in March 2014.  I had to get a new battery from Vodafone in August 2014 as it had been getting very hot and had swollen causing the phone to shut down even when it had over 80%charge.  I'm now having the same problem with the phone and the battery has swollen again.  I've contacted Vodafone again but they won't replace the battery again as, even though on a business contract the phone has a 2 year warranty the battery is classed as an "accsessory" and only has a 1 year warranty!!! The very unhelpful person at Vodafone just said I'd have to buy a new battery.  Surely Vodafone should be looking after their customers better when this is a known issue with battery's for this phone?

4 REPLIES 4

vicr76
5: Helper

Hi

If you got your battery replaced in August 2014 and got 1 year warrany then its still in warranty period and you are eligible to get a replacement if its fauly in the battery.

I suggest its better to contact Samsung direct and explain your concerns/ issue and get it replaced from them directly. It wont void your warranty or your agreement with Vodafone.

Regards

Vicky R

Thanks for response.  Vodafone won't give a 1 year warranty on the replacement battery as they claim it was a replacement under the original battery's warranty which ended on 3rd March 2015. I'm contacting Samsung but feel that as it was Vodafone that supplied the phone they should have dealt with my problem.  I've currently got a phone that doesn't work and I'm still paying Vodafone for the contract!!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Putting aside whatever principle you think is at stake, I can see a company called Moby Memory selling original Samsung S4 batteries for £6.99

There's no need to have a non working phone. For those phones that have replaceable batteries, they are almost considered to be consumables.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi

That is strange as If the previous batterry was faulty they should have changed it with new / sealed original samsung recommended battery an dit should have the same warranty as the previous.

I suggest you contact Samsung direct or search if you got any samsung service centre in your area and take it ther and they will check it for you.

For future aswell I always prefer to contact Samsung direct for any issues with handset as with in warranty only Samsung or their authorised service centre can repair. And if you give/send your phone to Voda they do the same and forward it ot Samsung that's why it will take more time to get your handset back.

I'm not saying Voda service centre is not authorised but they don't have as much knowledge as Samsung's own centre.

But if you are leaving your phone at service centre for repair I suggest you take picture before giving to them.

Regards

Vicky R