Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 Lollipop SIM card issue

roblegg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since the weekend when my S4 was upgraded to Lollipop, I have started to see a message that my SIM card has been removed and my device needs to be restarted. At this point I cannot do anything but restart the device as instructed, which clears the error. Then a few hours later, the same happens again, until this morning when I have lost all network coverage and the phone shows 'No SIM card' in the top left corner.

I have restarted the phone several times, removed, cleaned and replaced the SIM but nothing. I now have a phone I cannot use, except for emergency calls.

Any ideas on a fix for this, I need to use my phone........

9 REPLIES 9

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

Have you tried a factory reset (after backing up anything you want to save first)? This is recommended after a major update and especially for Samsung phones.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Thanks for the reply Simon.

I have just tried the factory reset and one of thefirst steps is that it asks me to put the SIM into the phone, which I have done but the phone will not receognise it at all.

Looks like I'll have to spend at least half an hour trying to call Vodafone now............

Rob

SimonWilding
Hope you get it sorted. It could just be that the SIM is damaged somehow a new card will sort out the problem,

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

dylwms
1: Seeker
Had this issue the last few weeks whilst on kitkat. Had to send it away for repair twice and replace the motherboard the second time

looks like mine's now got to go away for a second time..........

Perhaps it's the motherboard on mine.........

More time without a phone

Hi @roblegg

Please see our website for information on how to send your handset for repair.

If you're on a red plan, you're entited to a courtesy handset.

Thanks,

Rodney 

I know how to send my handset for a repair. I just object to having to send it again less than two days after it returned from the last repair (same fault).

I'm not a Red plan either. My phone is still under manufacturer warranty, yet I still have to pay for line rental whilst I can't use it and car parking charges to keep dropping off and picking the phone up.

But hey at least I got a phonecall from Vodafone today, try to sell me more monthly data. The bloke couldn't get off the phone quick enough when I started to tell him about my issue.

Customer care at it's very best.............................NOT

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @roblegg

Your nd handset are under separate agreements, and you'll still be able to use your SIM and allowances in another phone.

If you need an alternative to our repair option, you have the right to approach a Samsung Service Location.

Thanks,

Ben

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As a matter of interest, did you ever try a replacement SIM?

If you did and the phone still needs a repair, I might be inclined to try going direct to Samsung.  Just don't mention that the phone has previous been to Vodafone or they'll tell you you have to go back there.  Present it as a new issue and see what they say/do.   You can find details of their repair service on the UK website.