Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 Mini won't connect to mobile data on PAYG

jturner
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Purchased an S4 mini last week and have been unable to connect to the internet via mobile data. I have set the APN both automatically via the text service and manually as described online. I have also been in touch with the tech team who once again sent me through the process of setting my APN to no avail.

The H and H+ appear in the status bar with the two arrows below but the browser fails to load and so do all apps with no data usage showing in my account.

Any suggestions as to what to try next would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, have you tried a factory reset?

No I haven't, guessing that would be the next thing worth trying?

63johnw
That would be my next thing, set the phone up from scratch again and if its the same take it back, you have 14 days from receipt to return it no questions asked.

Factory reset hasn't made a difference so looks like I'll be returning the handset. Thanks for the help. 

As an update to this, I went into the store today and testing a different sim card in the handset, the mobile data worked fine. My sim however still wouldn't work in another handset so they determined it was a problem with that. They swapped my sim over to a new one but now that it has gone through and I am home mobile data still will not connect.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong as it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue? With my sim in the phone, it connected through the my vodafone app to recognise my sim through the data connection but still won't work with anything else.

I have a few days before the 14 day return policy runs out so will try and solve the problem otherwise I will likely just switch back to my old phone and network.

Hi @jturner

Welcome to the eForum.

As you’ve correctly tried other options, and the issue still remains, we’ll need to look into your account.

You can contact Live help for assistance with this.

Thanks,

Jamian