Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 - remove words from dictionary

alikapasi
4: Newbie

Hi guys,

Hope you can help.  I'd like to remove some words from my personal dictionary.  I know i can begin to type words and hold down on them and then get the option to remove.  But i'm looking for the option where i can see a list of my personal words and then scroll through and remove.

I used to be able to do this on an old Android version on my S3, but can't seem to find it on my current Android version on S5.

Help!

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Their is quite a few hits via a Google search on removing user added words but I'm unable at present to see a list for the Samsung Galaxy s5 your asking for. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, i found the same Google hits. I always try problem solving myself first before coming here.

It's strange that they've removed that option, no?  I'm hoping it's just hidden somewhere else as it seems stupid to remove this option.

Thanks anyway.

BandOfBrothers

How about speaking to Samsung Uk Support?

Current Phone  >

Can totally do that, i'll fire off an email.  But is it a Samsung or Android issue?  I can't tell, which is strange.

BandOfBrothers

It's certainly worth asking them. 

They'll be able to look at both the hardware and firmware sides. 

Who knows if it is firmware and enough people want it and then becomes warranted they may add the facility in the next update as a patch or in the next full firmware release. 

Would you update your thread with what they reply with please. 

Current Phone  >

Ok, query sent to them.  I'll update when i get a response.

Ta.

Feature is non-existant in S5. 

Response from Samsung Electronic UK Customer Support:

Thank you for your email.  

Please be advised that the personal dictionary list included in previous Samsung mobile devices is not included on the Galaxy S5. You do have the option to disable the dictionary data on you phone therefore in order to do this please follow the steps below:

Apps - Settings - Language and Input - Samsung Keyboard Settings (cog symbol) - Predictive text - Clear Personalised Data

I apologise for any inconvenience you have been caused. If you require additional assistance, please reply to this email or contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE).

Alternatively, you can visit our Support website where you will find FAQs, How-To-Videos and other useful information for Samsung products.

jeffkinn

You have the option to use a different keyboard with different fucntionality for dictionaries. The popular ones are Swiftkey and Swype.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png