Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIII Mini widgets - weather and favourite contacts

sandycb01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got an SIII Mini having already seen and used another person's.  However, mine, when I started setting it up, has different widgets as its defaults. 

There is no 'favourite contacts' widget which allows you to store up to 9 contacts on one of the five standard 'home' pages.  How do I find this widget...there is nothing in the Play Store, or at least nothing that works.

Also, the standard weather widget, although powered by Accuweather, has a very different look and feel to it...much clunkier with poor graphics.  THere is no obvious way to change the look of it, and again I can't find a widget on the play store that looks the same, or that even appears to work.  They load as apps not widgets and I can't get them to work.  I used to have an HTC and would love to be able to clone the clock/weather function on my SIII Mini, but can't figure out how. 

Any clues?!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware, the widgets are part of the Samsung branding of Android and can't be removed or added to.   If your phone is newer than the other ones you've seen, that's likely to behow they are.  If it's older, you could try having a look in the main menu for About Phone|Check for Software Updates - that might get you something different.

Thanks for this...I think you are right.  It's a newer phone and Vodafone shop says that the widgets installed as standard are 'random', which is a bit weird.  I have managed to find another weather widget anyway, so happy on that front.  Need to find a favourite contacts one now.....

thanks again.

hrym

It might also be worth contacting Samsung through the Support tab of their UK website.   If these are part of their skinning of Android, they're more likely to have information about them.

Thanks for all you help.