Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMS Alert notification Samsung S3 mini

STEVESOLD
4: Newbie

Last weekend I received a Vodafone upgrade (via SMS).

The phone is working as normal EXCEPT When I receive an SMS message, a bubble notification now appears at the top of the display. Previously I received a notification in the message icon (the envelope).

How can i change this, I am fed up searching

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

My Vodafone is for your usage.  Typically it will have issues finding you if you are connected to WiFi. Also it will have issues if you aren't in a good signal area.  Try in a different area where you have a strong 3G signal.

Moving back onto your problem with Message +.  You will find details here on how to disable it. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p

Hi there

I'm a bit confused from your post as to what you received.  Was it a configuration text that updated your settings or was it an update for your handset to a different version of android.

PWIAC

I dont know who/what it was. It then rebooted the phone.

I then received SMS from Vodafone 'looks like you have swapped your sim or updated software & that i would receive a text for the settings, i never received this.

So the software update was from ?

Thanks for reading

drey_p

So, it sounds like you have received an update to the firmware on your handset and installed it.  Although, you would have had to confirm a few times that you wanted to update your phone so I am a bit surprised that you don't remember exactly what it was.

You then would normally get a configuration text afterwards to ensure you have the correct settings on the phone. 

Because it is a firmware upgrade, you won't be able to change the icon as this is pat of the new firmware.

PWIAC

I have read that there are different apps for SMS, is this not just a case of adding another app, ie maybe the original one, which I assume was Vodafone's

drey_p

Yes, you can download and install different apps.  But it is kinda hard to determine what you have on your handset without seeing it.  It could be the stock messaging app, it could be Message+.  Does it look a bit like this?  If so, it is Message+

PWIAC

Just gone to Apps & there is the 'My Vodafone' opened it Version 4.4.

It said need to find my details turned wifi off, its been searching for 10 mins, tried rebooting still the same.

Anyway I have messanger+ running, I laso have the same messages in my other messenger (which is the envelope).

Should I remove Message+ 

I just watched

http://www.vodafone.com/content/apps/ext/messageplus/android/en_au/faqs.html

Vodafone message+ is not on my home screen, but my income messages are going to it.

drey_p

My Vodafone is for your usage.  Typically it will have issues finding you if you are connected to WiFi. Also it will have issues if you aren't in a good signal area.  Try in a different area where you have a strong 3G signal.

Moving back onto your problem with Message +.  You will find details here on how to disable it. 

PWIAC

Many thanks for the link, I have deleted the install, but should it come back, I will know how to.

Regarding 'My Vodafone', turned wifi went for a 3 mile walk & got within a mile of a base station, phone is still just trying to find it.

One of the reasons I now hate Vodafone, is the network coverage, (sorry lack of)so much money is being thrown at 4g, but little for improving rural areas.

I used to live in London & Voda was brilliant.

For info, my background was 11 years with a service provide, back in the hey day of analogue.

Many thanks for taking the time/trouble to sort out my annoying little problem.

Regards

Steve