cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsaung Galaxy S3 appears to disconnect from the network but shows as connected

cheesebored
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have rather strange problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 which was working fine for the first 2+ years of its life. It seems to stop sending and receiveing calls and texts. The signal shows as low, but available and the green up arrow blinks as though sending data, but the amber down arrow never flashes. Most of the time a reboot of phone gets functionality back for a few minutes. It's like it has disconnected from the network.

I know the network is not a problem because I also have an iPhone on the same network that has no issues at all. I also know of other people, my wife included that have the same problem, so it's hard to determine whether the fault lies with the network, SIM or phone. My guess is that it's a combination of the phone and network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

If this has happened since a firmware update, try a factory reset.  You'll need to back up your content first and make sure your contacts and calendar are fully syncd.  If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are apps which can do this.  A reset would be part of any repair process, so you won't have lost anything by giving it a go yourself.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't say for sure whether the problem started after a firmware update, but I did a reset anyway a few months ago (sorry, I should have mentioned that). It didn't seem to help.

From a vague memory, it did seem to start around a time when I heard that there was work going on on a network mast near me. Not sure whether this was repair or upgrade, but there were a few days where there was no network at all. Whether this is related, I have no idea.

I'm just wondering whether this is a known issue somewhere out there, as I know of at least 2 other people with the same problem.

hrym

Try the network status checker in the first instance.

Thanks, but I know the network is fine because I also carry a work mobile which is also Vodafone, and this has no problems.

Hi @cheesebored

For my team to look into this further, we'll need you to send in your handset for repair.

Thanks,

Rodney