Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung G2 disconnects from network

MrGwent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I have a Samsung G2 which does not get used extensively but every so often the device appears to disconnect from the VodaPhone network. When this happens, the device will not make or receive calls, email, txt messages and internet access fails.

The only solution I know for this is to completely shut the device down and then restart it.

The device is a GT-I9100 using Android 2.3.4.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks

Mr Gwent.

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

There are a few possibilities here.  One is that there is some app on the phone that is causing it to disconnect - have you tried a factory reset at all?  Second one is that there is a problem with the battery - could you borrow one from a friend and see if the phone behaves?  The third possiblity is that there is something wrong with the phone itself - that would mean a repair.

PWIAC

Hello

The battery seems to be fine and is powered when this reboot becomes necessary. As for 'some app on the phone that is causing it to disconnect - have you tried a factory reset at all? ', do you have any suggestions? The device has apps for Facebook, Linkedin and a few othera but mainly the phone is per the factory settings. I'd not liketo do a factory reset either.

Thanks

Mr Gwent.

drey_p

A faulty battery can manifest itself in a load of different ways.  When I had an issue with my phone battery, the phone would freeze and hang... and my partner's would randomly reboot. So, just because it is fully charged isn't an indication that there isn't an issue with the battery.

By the same token, just because the phone only has a few apps on it, isn't an idication that a factory reset wouldn't help.

If you aren't prepared to do a factory reset, you can send your phone off for repair but one of the first things they will do is factory reset the device. 

PWIAC

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MrGwent.

We'll be happy to take a look at the handset although I would recommend following the advice given by drey_p first.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

Hello

I have a Samsung G2 which does not get used extensively but the email app suffers from two issues:

1. Sometimes, often after moving an email from one mfolder to the 'Inbox', or upon receipt of a new message, the moved or new message will be automatically deleted by the app. The message will not be in the 'Trash' folder and it will have been deleted from my ISP's email server. 
  2. That the 'Load more messages' / ''Refresh' operations can take a great deal of time to finish and must sometimes be stopped by terminating the email app!

The device is a GT-I9100 using Android 2.3.4 and my ISP is TalkTalk.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks

Mr Gwent.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I got so fed up with the email app on my S2 that I switched over to gmail (which I was using in the background anyway) and used the dedicated app.  You can set Gmail (on the website) to send as-from any address you like.  You can also get it to pick up messages from another service and to reply from the address the original was sent to.   It's worth considering.