You are here:

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

Hi All,

I have a Galaxy Ace on PAYG.  It's been great from the word go, but in the last day or so I can't make any calls.  I get the dreaded "MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE".

If I go into SETTINGS and search for "network operators" I can see Vodafone UK. If I select to connect it says : "Registering on vodafone UK..."  then "your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network".

I've tried the usual : flight mode on/off, 2G only, complete reboot, even reset to factory settings.  It's still the same. 

Saw an earlier post about IMEI being blacklisted, but other than that I'm fresh out of ideas.

Interestingly if I take the SIM out and place it in an old NOKIA it works fine, and I could even add some top up ok.  So it sounds like the phone rather than the SIM.

Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (4,310 Views)
Topics: 168
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 210

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

As the Sim works perfectly in another phone, I think we can safely agree it's a problem with the Phone.

I would send it away for repair...

Vodafone Repair

Samsung Service Centre Locator
Ring Customer Services
Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Message 2 of 3 (4,299 Views)
Topics: 155
Solutions: 181

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

Hi b4rkie

I agree with thesoupdragon it does sound like the phone has developed a fault. See here for ways to arrange a repair Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 3 (4,271 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Help and Support
My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up