Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
b4rkie

Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

Hi All,

I have a Galaxy Ace on PAYG.  It's been great from the word go, but in the last day or so I can't make any calls.  I get the dreaded "MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE".

If I go into SETTINGS and search for "network operators" I can see Vodafone UK. If I select to connect it says : "Registering on vodafone UK..."  then "your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network".

I've tried the usual : flight mode on/off, 2G only, complete reboot, even reset to factory settings.  It's still the same. 

Saw an earlier post about IMEI being blacklisted, but other than that I'm fresh out of ideas.

Interestingly if I take the SIM out and place it in an old NOKIA it works fine, and I could even add some top up ok.  So it sounds like the phone rather than the SIM.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

b4rkie

Message 1 of 3 (1,228 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

As the Sim works perfectly in another phone, I think we can safely agree it's a problem with the Phone.

I would send it away for repair...

Vodafone Repair

OR

Samsung Service Centre Locator
or
Ring Customer Services
Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Autism_sig.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,217 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace - Can't connect to Vodafone

Hi b4rkie

I agree with thesoupdragon it does sound like the phone has developed a fault. See here for ways to arrange a repair :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 3 (1,189 Views)