Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
woodrla

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Availability

Hi

I've recently requested upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and received order confirmation and then email/text to advise out of stock and that I would be contacted again in 3 days time.

Does anyone know when this phone will be back in stock ? Three have them in stock!

Additionally, I ordered at local store and was then advised that I couldn't have it delivered to that store due to their "delivery basket being full".

Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (3,226 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Availability

Go to CPW/Phones4U and get one on Vodafone
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 2 of 14 (3,151 Views)
woodrla

What happens to the fact that i've already "upgraded" with Vodafone directly ?
Message 3 of 14 (3,141 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

Ah, cancel with them and go elsewhere (if they'll let you)?
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 4 of 14 (3,133 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi woodrla,

Phones are in and out of stock all the time, so it is not possible to confirm exactly when any given handset will be back in stock. Also, store orders are a separate stock queue from phone or online orders, so we don't get any information on their stock levels.

What I can confirm is that as an existing order, yours would be ahead of any new store orders, so your handset would be processed before stock was delivered to other stores.

Whilst I cannot offer any timescales, please rest assured that as soon as your handset is in stock it will be processed and despatched for you.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 14 (3,040 Views)
piezor

[ Edited ]

Dave wrote:

What I can confirm is that as an existing order, yours would be ahead of any new store orders, so your handset would be processed before stock was delivered to other stores.

Based on other forum threads here this is not the case. People are ordering online this week and have received them whilst we are left waiting.

Message 6 of 14 (3,034 Views)
oxford

I have just contacted C/S about my phone and they have said it is in the store and to wait for the store to phone me.

Message 7 of 14 (3,001 Views)
woodrla

Can I ask when you ordered yours?
Message 8 of 14 (2,996 Views)
woodrla

Dave

To be considered a valued customer of vodafone I would at least expect an expected delivery date (surely this is something Vodafone can provide!!!) and not the emails I've received which say nothing and just say 'we'll contact you again in 4days'.

A popular phone that other providers seem to be able to provide to their customers and not Vodafone ??? Not putting much confidence in Vodafone or their customer service.

Louise
Message 9 of 14 (2,992 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
ZoeandKev

some bloke on here agreed an upgrade over the phone for a Galaxy Nexus on th 18th ( two days ago )....he got it TODAY!!!

so much for valued customers that have waited 6 weeks for this phone!! ( and are still waiting!! )
Message 10 of 14 (2,963 Views)
domsav

I upgraded towards the end of December and still haven't got my Galaxy Nexus. All I get is emails from Vodafone saying we will get in touch with you in 4 days, in 10 days. Eventually I will get one saying we will get in touch with you when your contract is over, thank you for paying all this money for no phone. 

This is really frustrating. I don't understand the order of preference in fulfilling orders.

Message 11 of 14 (2,896 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
tangray1

Time to get pro-active people !!! just been in store and got my new phone !!!

You should`nt have to be doing this....

Message 12 of 14 (2,876 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
ZoeandKev

ordered mine on the phone today...getting it tomorrow.....i hope!
Message 13 of 14 (2,862 Views)
domsav

A few hours after I posted my rant I got a confirmation that my phone had been dispatched, and I received it yesterday ! Sweet ! 

Message 14 of 14 (2,799 Views)