Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and S Pen

TheArchetect
4: Newbie

When the S pen stylist is taken out the Air Commands appear on the screen and work. However this icon only appears when the S Pen is released. It use to appear when I clicked the S Pen. So now I have to reinsert the S Pen and take it out again everytime I want to use it which is a real pain.

It used to work by clicking but has not done so since the last software up grade.

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I have used the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in October 2014 which had Android 4.2.2

Which firmware is on yours ?

On using mine I found the same on withdrawing the S pen but to be honest I didn't pick up on the ability to be able to click it, or it didn't do anything on pressing it. 

I cannot see Vodafone adjusting the firmware for their Branded Handsets to remove the capability. I would suggest looking at the settings to see if their is a reset function of the pen and you could also speak to Samsung via their Contact us page here

Would you update your post on your findings. 

Perhaps also another Note 3 will reply.

Edit : According to the user manual 'Air Command' should be there. 

Air command Press the S Pen button while hovering the S Pen over the screen to display air command. With this feature, you can directly use the following actions: • Action Memo: Write a memo, and then select it by drawing a line around it to take actions related to the memo. • Scrapbooker: Collect a variety of content and save it in Scrapbook. (p. 142) • Screen Write: Capture a screenshot and edit it. • S Finder: Search for a wide variety of content on your device. (p. 140) • Pen Window: Launch multiple applications in specified areas on the screen.

Is it possible the button is somehow failing ?

This site discusses self help tips for Air Command http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/322153-galaxy-note-3-air-command-stopped-work...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Have you factory reset after the update? That'll probably sort the problem out as Android phones in general and Samsung in particular need to be factory reset after software updates.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png