Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and lollipop update

rickt1
4: Newbie

Before the lollipop update the battery on my note 3 would last for a couple of days with GPS and WiFi turned on but since the update if I have either turned on the battrey will last about 3 hours. Why and what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

Shenya
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have you checked the power saving option? There's a switch under the General tab in settings. I don't have mine checked though, and I do have wireless on all day, and I still get a day out of it (if I don't really use it except to check the time/weather do an email or two).

I would check to see which apps are running, end all of them and see how it fares after that.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid your best option at this stage is a factory reset.  Don't forget to back up your content and make sure contacts and calendar are fully sync'd.   It's likey that bits of the old code are hanging route in the system memory and confusing it.   This is a common cause of excessive power consumption.

Finally got around to backing everything up in preparation for the factory reset which I now have done which has cured my problem Thanks for the replies in this thread