You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster
jofullalove

Samsung Galaxy S - An Incoming Call Will Freeze The Phone

every now and then when i have an incoming call my galaxy S seems to freeze up making the touchscreen inoperative. Thus i cannot answer the call as the "slide to answer" doesn't respond to my touch. I have to let the phone ring out. once the incoming call has given up the screen seems to be fine again and i have to call the person back. very annoying.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Also is there another way to answer a call other than swiping the screen thingy?

Thank you
Galaxy-S - Bloatafone'd
Message 1 of 6 (3,108 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi 2Jof,

Unfortunately i don' have the device in the office to test for you however I don't think there is any way of changing this option on the device.

As you are having issues I would recomend lookint at sending your phone for a free of charge repair to see if this resolves the issue for you.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 6 (3,108 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
youngatheart

I have this problem too, or something similar, with a Galaxy S 16GB. I can make calls and use apps, all OK but when an incoming call rings neither the green (accept) or red (end) buttons respond to touch and the call eventually routes to voicemail, Maddening!

I have tried disabling wi-fi and bluetooth but fault persists.

Any ideas welcome or is it really a repair job as suggested?
Message 3 of 6 (3,108 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
pablobeardsley

I have this problem too, or something similar, with a Galaxy S 16GB. I can make calls and use apps, all OK but when an incoming call rings neither the green (accept) or red (end) buttons respond to touch and the call eventually routes to voicemail, Maddening!

I have tried disabling wi-fi and bluetooth but fault persists.

Any ideas welcome or is it really a repair job as suggested?

The 1st idea would be to read the instruction manual - I didn't and had the same problem. ;-)

Don't 'Press' the green answer button - slide it horizontally in the direction it points to. It's a safety feature that prevents accidental answering when the phone is in a pocket or some such.

Your phone's fine so enjoy. There'll be quite a few who've done this initially.... I hope!

Cheers
Message 4 of 6 (3,108 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
youngatheart

Thanks SammyS, that did the trick........so simple when you know how (or read the instruction booklet)! I did actually try swiping, only in the wrong direction.
Anyhow, all sorted and thanks again for your speedy reply. YAH

Message 5 of 6 (3,108 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
pablobeardsley

YAH

Pleased it's sorted.

As I say, I didn't read the manual either and missed maybe 6 calls while franticly pressing the green answer icon. Ended up thinking the phone was dud but luckily, I eventually noticed the icon "moved" sideways a tad - did a full sideways sweep and realised what a berk I'd been.

Thing is, I usually like to study manuals while - how can I put this politely - relaxing in the "upstairs library," finding this a very 'productive' use of my time! I know, I know, more information than required. If there's any justice, I'll suffer the same fate as Elvis!!

Cheers

SammyS
Message 6 of 6 (3,108 Views)